REFILE-Reliance Comm gains on media report of stake sale
(Corrects headline, Reliance gains on media report of sale deal)
MUMBAI Jan 25 (Reuters) - Shares in Reliance Communications Ltd gained on Friday after The Economic Times newspaper reported the company was in talks to sell a stake in its mobile tower unit to Reliance Industries Ltd.
The Economic Times reported the deal could involve Reliance Industries' unit Reliance Infotel buying a stake in Reliance Communications' unit Reliance Infratel, citing two people close to the negotiations.
The newspaper also reported talks involved a leasing arrangement between the two units.
Reliance Communications shares had slumped 9.14 percent on Thursday after posting a sharper-than-expected fall in its October-December quarter.
Shares in Reliance Communications were up 2.9 percent as of 0403 GMT. Reliance Industries shares were down 0.8 percent.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra; Editing by Michael Perry)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Controlling the message: Modi chooses state media
- IBM to pay Globalfoundries $1.5 bln to take chip unit off its hands -WSJ
- U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near Kobani
- Sensex surges over 300 points on energy reforms, state elections
- Rupee continues to trade higher; share gains, election results aid
The BSE Sensex surges over 300 points and the Nifty gains nearly 100 points after the government's energy reforms lead to a rally in energy firms, while wins by Prime Minister Narendra Modi's party in two state elections raise expectations for additional reforms. Full Article