REFILE-Reliance Comm gains on media report of stake sale
(Corrects headline, Reliance gains on media report of sale deal)
MUMBAI Jan 25 (Reuters) - Shares in Reliance Communications Ltd gained on Friday after The Economic Times newspaper reported the company was in talks to sell a stake in its mobile tower unit to Reliance Industries Ltd.
The Economic Times reported the deal could involve Reliance Industries' unit Reliance Infotel buying a stake in Reliance Communications' unit Reliance Infratel, citing two people close to the negotiations.
The newspaper also reported talks involved a leasing arrangement between the two units.
Reliance Communications shares had slumped 9.14 percent on Thursday after posting a sharper-than-expected fall in its October-December quarter.
Shares in Reliance Communications were up 2.9 percent as of 0403 GMT. Reliance Industries shares were down 0.8 percent.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra; Editing by Michael Perry)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- REFILE-Divers feel with their hands for corpses in cold depths of South Korean ferry
- UPDATE 5-Missouri executes convicted killer in 1993 cattle-stealing plot
- Rupee weakens past 61/dollar to one-month low
- China shares down, Aussie drops after inflation data
- Teen who stowed away on Hawaii flight resting in hospital
Credit Suisse upgrades M&M to "outperform" from "neutral," saying its four-wheeler autos and commercial vehicles will benefit from even a short-lived economic recovery, while the auto-maker has "undemanding valuations." Full Article