MARKET EYE-Jet Airways shares rise on Etihad deal hopes
* Shares of Jet Airways Ltd gain 5 percent on continuing speculation that Abu Dhabi's Etihad Airways will buy a stake in the carrier, the first such investment by a foreign carrier in an Indian airline since rules were relaxed last year. * Etihad will finalise a deal to buy a stake in India's Jet Airways on Friday, CNBC TV18 reported earlier this week. * The Gulf carrier could pay up to $330 million for a 24 percent stake in Jet, India's second-biggest carrier, a senior government source told Reuters earlier this month.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- Privacy groups ask regulators to halt Facebook's $19 billion WhatsApp deal
- RPT-With Crimean appeal, Putin goes head-to-head with West over Ukraine
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- Singapore's megachurches move to export lucrative religion
The Nifty rose to a record high, and the benchmark BSE Sensex hit its record for a second consecutive session, as foreign investors bet big in a country that just months ago was gripped by market turmoil. Full Article