ITC gains as fears of duty hike recede
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in ITC (ITC.NS) ended up 0.7 percent to 299.75 rupees, not far off a record high of 306.50 rupees hit on December 12, 2012, as investors see previous fears of a potential duty on cigarettes as having dragged down the stock excessively.
Shares in the cigarette maker fell 11.7 percent in December on fears of tougher regulations on tobacco products.
Buying in defensive stocks this week on nervousness ahead of the RBI policy review on Tuesday also seen helping.
ITC shares have risen 4.3 percent this week.
ITC last week beat estimates with a 21 percent rise in quarterly profit as cigarette volumes improved after four quarters of stagnant growth.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed - Algerian official
- Taiwan launches inquiry into plane crash that killed 48
- Honda's Mobilio car looks to repeat Indonesia success in India
- Ipca halts U.S. shipments from Ratlam plant after FDA finds violations
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
India is set to offer Nepal a landmark pact to help develop its huge hydro-electric power potential as the South Asian giant takes another step to re-assert influence among smaller neighbours where China has been forging closer ties. Full Article