Jet Airways shares rise on Etihad deal hopes
Reuters Market Eye - Shares of Jet Airways(JET.NS) ended 4.3 percent higher on continuing speculation that Abu Dhabi's Etihad Airways will buy a stake in the carrier, the first such investment by a foreign carrier in an Indian airline since rules were relaxed last year.
Etihad will finalise a deal to buy a stake in Jet Airways on Friday, CNBC TV18 reported earlier this week.
The Gulf carrier could pay up to $330 million for a 24 percent stake in Jet, India's second-biggest carrier, a senior government source told Reuters earlier this month.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Justin Bieber apologizes after Japan shrine visit sparks Asian anger
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires, thousands of negative tweets
- Led Zeppelin is back with 'Whole Lotta' unreleased tunes
- South Asia monsoon seen below-average to average in 2014 - WMO
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry
India and its South Asian neighbours are expected to see below average to average rains this year if the El Nino weather pattern gains strength during the four-month monsoon season, a forum of weather experts said. Read