CLSA uprades L&T on govt policy, rate cut hopes
MUMBAI (Reuters) - CLSA upgraded Larsen & Toubro(LART.NS) to "outperform" from "underperform", citing favourable policies from the government and expected interest cuts would be reflected in the company's earnings by the second half of fiscal 2013/14.
The upgrade came despite what the brokerage called "a mixed bag" from October-December earnings reported on Thursday, although with "more positives than negatives," including "a creditable job" in orderbook growth but "weak" operating performance.
At 11:12 a.m, L&T shares were trading at 1596 rupees, up 0.7 percent.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
- UPDATE 4-Liberian man in Lagos being tested for Ebola
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- Asian economies to struggle on weak export demand - Reuters poll
- UPDATE 2-U.S. says Russia firing artillery over border at Ukraine military
India will find it difficult to support new global customs rules without "an assurance and visible outcomes" that a permanent solution is being negotiated over its concerns about public food stockholdings, the trade minister said on Friday. Full Article