RPT-Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
Jan 25 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Friday:
* Top executives at Barclays were aware the bank was manipulating its submissions to Libor rate-setting panel in November 2011, almost a year earlier than previously disclosed, the Financial Times reported. ()
* Alibaba Group, which runs China's largest e-commerce platforms, and its partners will spend 100 billion yuan ($16 billion)in the first phase of investment to build a logistics network, a local newspaper reported.
* Morgan Stanley Chief Executive Officer James Gorman received lower compensation for 2012 after a difficult year for the bank in which profits declined, a person familiar with the matter told Reuters.
* Barclays Plc is firing at least 70 people from its Asian investment banking division, sources familiar with the matter said.
* Citigroup Inc's private bank is withdrawing its $187 million investment from SAC Capital Advisors LP, the latest of several client redemptions at the hedge fund firm, the Wall Street Journal reported.
* Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov is close to selling his 38 percent stake in Polyus Gold with a potential deal being reviewed by Britain's Takeover Panel, two sources familiar with the matter said.
* A senior Lenovo executive said on Thursday that the Chinese computer maker may consider Research in Motion as a takeover target, sending the Blackberry maker's shares up 2 percent just a week before it launches a make-or-break line of redesigned smartphones.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola calls treatment "frenzy of disorganization"
- Wall Street finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Google executive sets new stratosphere skydive world record
- Former Cream frontman Jack Bruce dies aged 71
- São Paulo running out of water as rain-making Amazon vanishes
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley favours a cut in interest rates to trigger demand in the construction sector, a newspaper report said on Saturday, but the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has signalled it will not ease policy until it is confident of lower inflation. Full Article
Euro zone risks "relapse into recession" without structural reforms - Draghi. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article