Reliance Comm shares extend gains on media report of stake sale
MUMBAI Jan 25 (Reuters) - Shares in Reliance Communications Ltd extended gains to as much as 7.9 percent on Friday after The Economic Times newspaper reported the company was in talks to sell a stake in its mobile tower unit to Reliance Industries Ltd.
Reliance Communications shares were up 7.4 percent as of 0857 GMT, nearly recovering its 9.14 percent fall on Thursday sparked by a sharper-than-expected fall in its October-December quarter.
The Economic Times reported Reliance Communications was in talks over a stake sale in Reliance Infratel to a unit of Reliance Industries, as well as leasing arrangement for mobile towers, citing two people close to the negotiations. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21 - report
- Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- HIGHLIGHTS - Fed chief Yellen's remarks at press conference
- Genetic history of modern Europeans a tangled tale, research finds
- Rapper Lecrae leads debut-filled top ten of Billboard 200 chart
The Federal Reserve renewed its pledge to keep interest rates near zero for a "considerable time," but also indicated it could raise borrowing costs faster than expected when it starts moving. Article | Factbox
China cenbank injects $81 bln into major banks to support economy - reports Full Article