Reliance Comm shares extend gains on media report of stake sale
MUMBAI Jan 25 (Reuters) - Shares in Reliance Communications Ltd extended gains to as much as 7.9 percent on Friday after The Economic Times newspaper reported the company was in talks to sell a stake in its mobile tower unit to Reliance Industries Ltd.
Reliance Communications shares were up 7.4 percent as of 0857 GMT, nearly recovering its 9.14 percent fall on Thursday sparked by a sharper-than-expected fall in its October-December quarter.
The Economic Times reported Reliance Communications was in talks over a stake sale in Reliance Infratel to a unit of Reliance Industries, as well as leasing arrangement for mobile towers, citing two people close to the negotiations. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- NTT DoCoMo to exit India, unload entire stake in Tata Teleservices - sources
- UPDATE 3-Apple, Google agree to settle lawsuit alleging hiring conspiracy
- Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- UPDATE 2-FCC pushes back against criticism over Internet traffic plan
- New Microsoft CEO Nadella impresses Wall Street, stresses challenges
Japan's NTT DoCoMo will unload its 26.5 percent stake in loss-making Indian mobile phone joint venture Tata Teleservices and exit the country as it struggles with tough price competition, sources familiar with the matter said. Full Article | Quote
India may cede top rice exporter spot under Southeast Asian price onslaught. Full Article