Sesa Goa expects to start Liberia iron ore production by end FY2014
MUMBAI Jan 25 (Reuters) - Sesa Goa Ltd, India's biggest private iron ore exporter, expects to start iron ore production in Liberia by the fourth quarter of the fiscal year beginning April 1, its Managing Director said on Friday.
"We are committed and expect to deliver the first shipment in the last quarter of FY14...everything is progressing satisfactorily," Managing Director P.K. Mukherjee said, after Sesa Goa announced its December-quarter earnings.
In December last year, Sesa Goa acquired the remaining 49 percent stake in unit Western Cluster Ltd in Liberia. (Reporting by Siddesh Mayenkar; Editing by Anupama Dwivedi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- RBI says all companies must apply 2-step payments for credit cards
- First trucks from aid convoy to Ukraine cross back into Russia
- Indians keep faith with Modi, best hope for economy - poll
- Oil ministry to seek Cabinet nod on diesel deregulation - sources
The Reserve Bank of India said that all transactions involving domestic credit cards must follow rules requiring additional verification, a stance that could impact companies such as Uber Technologies Inc that provide more simple app-based purchases. Full Article
India to hike iron ore royalty, miners may struggle to pass on extra cost. Full Article