Sesa Goa expects to start Liberia iron ore production by end FY2014
MUMBAI Jan 25 (Reuters) - Sesa Goa Ltd, India's biggest private iron ore exporter, expects to start iron ore production in Liberia by the fourth quarter of the fiscal year beginning April 1, its Managing Director said on Friday.
"We are committed and expect to deliver the first shipment in the last quarter of FY14...everything is progressing satisfactorily," Managing Director P.K. Mukherjee said, after Sesa Goa announced its December-quarter earnings.
In December last year, Sesa Goa acquired the remaining 49 percent stake in unit Western Cluster Ltd in Liberia. (Reporting by Siddesh Mayenkar; Editing by Anupama Dwivedi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
- Obama announces action on sweeping U.S. immigration reform
- Tears, smiles in Nevada over U.S. immigration reform some call bittersweet
- Modi's divide and rule weakens Coal India unions as strike looms
- Kotak bank buys ING Vysya in record $2.4 billion share deal
A Different Past
Indians were flying aeroplanes and may even have been using cosmic weapons 5,000 years ago, according to Y. Sudershan Rao, the chairman of Indian Council of Historical Research. The BJP appointed Rao to the academic post soon after winning the general election, fuelling concerns of a push to teach the superiority of Hindu values and mythology at the cost of academic rigour. Full Article