Samsung expects global PC market to shrink 5 pct in 2013
SEOUL (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co (005930.KS), the world's top memory chipmaker, said it expects the global personal computer market to shrink by 5 percent this year as consumer demand continues to shift to mobile devices such as tablet computers.
The PC market declined for the first time in 11 years last year, according to research firm IHS iSuppli.
(Reporting by Miyoung Kim; Editing by Ryan Woo)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. drug regulator approves headband device to prevent migraines
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west
- UPDATE 3-Time running out for EU bid to engage Russia, Germany warns
- When Zach met Barack: pitching Obamacare online
- Up to $600,000 taken from Houston's Lakewood megachurch safe
Bitcoin can expose people to significant losses, fraud and theft, and the lure of a potential quick profit should not blind investors to the virtual currency's significant risks, a brokerage industry watchdog warned on Tuesday. Full Article