Brazil nightclub fire kills at least 90 - local media
SAO PAULO (Reuters) - At least 90 people were killed in a nightclub fire caused by a pyrotechnics show in the southern Brazilian city of Santa Maria, local media reported on Sunday.
Estado de S.Paulo reported on its website that as many as 2,000 people were in the nightclub when the fire started, and that police were still counting the dead.
(Reporting by Brian Winter; Editing by Mark Heinrich)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 5-U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital
- REFILE-Slain journalist's employer publishes email to family from Islamic State
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Ukraine's Poroshenko talks tough ahead of meetings with Merkel, Putin
- Insight - As Ukraine forces gain in east, focus of German diplomacy shifts
Government officials painted an upbeat picture for the economy on Thursday as it struggles to emerge from the longest spell of sub-par growth in decades and promised to tighten up risk management at the country's dominant state banks. Full Article