Brazil nightclub fire kills at least 90 - local media
SAO PAULO (Reuters) - At least 90 people were killed in a nightclub fire caused by a pyrotechnics show in the southern Brazilian city of Santa Maria, local media reported on Sunday.
Estado de S.Paulo reported on its website that as many as 2,000 people were in the nightclub when the fire started, and that police were still counting the dead.
(Reporting by Brian Winter; Editing by Mark Heinrich)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 5-GM to drop Chevy brand in Europe to focus on Opel
- Google's mystery barge in San Francisco Bay under investigation
- South Africa, world mourn "giant for justice" Mandela
- UPDATE 3-Gunmen kill U.S. teacher in Libya's Benghazi
- Delhi's rubble-strewn Connaught Place mirrors Congress' election struggle
South African anti-apartheid hero Nelson Mandela died aged 95 at his Johannesburg home on Thursday after a prolonged lung infection, plunging his nation and the world into mourning for a man hailed by global leaders as a moral giant. Article | Obituary