Brazil nightclub fire kills at least 90 - local media
SAO PAULO (Reuters) - At least 90 people were killed in a nightclub fire caused by a pyrotechnics show in the southern Brazilian city of Santa Maria, local media reported on Sunday.
Estado de S.Paulo reported on its website that as many as 2,000 people were in the nightclub when the fire started, and that police were still counting the dead.
(Reporting by Brian Winter; Editing by Mark Heinrich)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- REFILE-Divers feel with their hands for corpses in cold depths of South Korean ferry
- UPDATE 5-Missouri executes convicted killer in 1993 cattle-stealing plot
- Rupee weakens past 61/dollar to one-month low
- China shares down, Aussie drops after inflation data
- Teen who stowed away on Hawaii flight resting in hospital
Credit Suisse upgrades M&M to "outperform" from "neutral," saying its four-wheeler autos and commercial vehicles will benefit from even a short-lived economic recovery, while the auto-maker has "undemanding valuations." Full Article