Brazil nightclub fire kills at least 90 - local media
SAO PAULO (Reuters) - At least 90 people were killed in a nightclub fire caused by a pyrotechnics show in the southern Brazilian city of Santa Maria, local media reported on Sunday.
Estado de S.Paulo reported on its website that as many as 2,000 people were in the nightclub when the fire started, and that police were still counting the dead.
(Reporting by Brian Winter; Editing by Mark Heinrich)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Odile batters Mexico's Baja resorts, knocks out power to most area |
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
- India tightens Vietnam defence, oil ties ahead of China's Xi's visit
- India says to defend China border after standoff ahead of Xi visit
- Nikkei drops as investors await Fed outcome; SoftBank soars
India will decide on ending government control on diesel pricing after elections in two states next month, an oil ministry source said, even though local prices of the fuel are currently higher than the global rates, making a case for a cut in retail prices. Full Article
India says to defend China border after standoff ahead of Xi visit. Full Article