Brazil nightclub fire kills at least 90 - local media
SAO PAULO (Reuters) - At least 90 people were killed in a nightclub fire caused by a pyrotechnics show in the southern Brazilian city of Santa Maria, local media reported on Sunday.
Estado de S.Paulo reported on its website that as many as 2,000 people were in the nightclub when the fire started, and that police were still counting the dead.
(Reporting by Brian Winter; Editing by Mark Heinrich)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed - Algerian official
- Taiwan launches inquiry into plane crash that killed 48
- Wipro sees strong sales growth, eyes Europe deals
- Honda's Mobilio car looks to repeat Indonesia success in India
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
India is set to offer Nepal a landmark pact to help develop its huge hydro-electric power potential as the South Asian giant takes another step to re-assert influence among smaller neighbours where China has been forging closer ties. Full Article