Axis Bank gains ahead of expected share sale
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Axis Bank (AXBK.NS) gain 3 percent on expectations that its up to $1 billion share sale will attract solid demand.
Axis is expected to launch its share sale via a qualified institutional placement (QIP) as early as on Monday, according to multiple dealers.
"Axis Bank's QIP would easily get oversubscribed as its fundamentals are good. Money raised via QIP would translate into 10 times of credit growth for the bank," said G Chokkalingam, CIO, Centrum Wealth Management.
Axis Bank trades at 1.8 times 12 month forward price-to-book, compared to ICICI Bank (ICBK.NS) that trades at 1.9 times and HDFC Bank (HDBK.NS) at 3.9 times, according to Thomson Reuters StarMine data.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. plans to arm Iraq's Sunni tribesmen with AK-47s, RPGs, mortars
- Bighorn sheep escapes Los Angeles Zoo, dies after car strikes it
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Apple $450 mln e-book settlement gets final court approval
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
India approved on Saturday the purchase of 814 mounted gun systems for the army at a cost of 157.5 billion rupees ($2.55 billion), a defence ministry spokesman said. Full Article