Axis Bank gains ahead of expected share sale
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Axis Bank (AXBK.NS) gain 3 percent on expectations that its up to $1 billion share sale will attract solid demand.
Axis is expected to launch its share sale via a qualified institutional placement (QIP) as early as on Monday, according to multiple dealers.
"Axis Bank's QIP would easily get oversubscribed as its fundamentals are good. Money raised via QIP would translate into 10 times of credit growth for the bank," said G Chokkalingam, CIO, Centrum Wealth Management.
Axis Bank trades at 1.8 times 12 month forward price-to-book, compared to ICICI Bank (ICBK.NS) that trades at 1.9 times and HDFC Bank (HDBK.NS) at 3.9 times, according to Thomson Reuters StarMine data.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Teen who stowed away on flight to Hawaii remains hospitalized
- REFILE-Divers feel with their hands for corpses in cold depths of South Korean ferry
- Comcast nears deal with Charter on $18-$20 bln in divestitures -source
- Rupee weakens past 61/dollar to one-month low
- Malaysia flight's co-pilot tried to make cellphone call - report