Etihad delegation to meet Anand Sharma soon
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - A delegation from Abu Dhabi's Etihad Airways will meet Commerce Minister Anand Sharma in the next "couple of days," a government statement quoting the minister said, amid speculation that the Gulf carrier is close to buying a minority stake in Jet Airways (JET.NS).
Etihad is in talks to pick up a 24 percent stake in Jet, India's No. 2 carrier, for up to $330 million, a government source said earlier this month.
The government statement did not give any detail on the scheduled meeting with Etihad.
(Reporting by Anurag Kotoky; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Boxer Sarita Devi showed lack of sportsmanship, say organisers
- Loss of smell may be predictor of death in older adults - study
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article