Etihad delegation to meet Anand Sharma soon
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - A delegation from Abu Dhabi's Etihad Airways will meet Commerce Minister Anand Sharma in the next "couple of days," a government statement quoting the minister said, amid speculation that the Gulf carrier is close to buying a minority stake in Jet Airways (JET.NS).
Etihad is in talks to pick up a 24 percent stake in Jet, India's No. 2 carrier, for up to $330 million, a government source said earlier this month.
The government statement did not give any detail on the scheduled meeting with Etihad.
(Reporting by Anurag Kotoky; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Wall Street finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Thousands raised to buy car for Pennsylvania sniper's lookalike
- WHO vaccines boss signs up as Ebola trial guinea pig
- Two dead, four wounded after student opens fire at Washington state school
- UPDATE 10-Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones
The latest Reuters poll of 20 economists taken over the past week shows Asia's third-largest economy will likely grow 5.5 percent this fiscal year and 6.4 percent the next, slightly better than 5.3 percent and 6.3 percent expected in the July poll. Full Article
Euro zone risks "relapse into recession" without structural reforms - Draghi. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article