Etihad delegation to meet Anand Sharma soon
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - A delegation from Abu Dhabi's Etihad Airways will meet Commerce Minister Anand Sharma in the next "couple of days," a government statement quoting the minister said, amid speculation that the Gulf carrier is close to buying a minority stake in Jet Airways (JET.NS).
Etihad is in talks to pick up a 24 percent stake in Jet, India's No. 2 carrier, for up to $330 million, a government source said earlier this month.
The government statement did not give any detail on the scheduled meeting with Etihad.
(Reporting by Anurag Kotoky; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Trade deal seen 'very close', India makes WTO sweat
- Exit polls see gains for BJP in state elections
- Study casts doubt on whether extra vitamin D prevents disease
- Delhi's rubble-strewn Connaught Place mirrors Congress' election struggle
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
Ministers from nearly 160 member countries of the World Trade Organisation entered a final day of negotiations on Friday with officials sounding optimistic over chances of salvaging a deal that would save the trade body from sliding into irrelevance. Full Article