Etihad delegation to meet Anand Sharma soon
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - A delegation from Abu Dhabi's Etihad Airways will meet Commerce Minister Anand Sharma in the next "couple of days," a government statement quoting the minister said, amid speculation that the Gulf carrier is close to buying a minority stake in Jet Airways (JET.NS).
Etihad is in talks to pick up a 24 percent stake in Jet, India's No. 2 carrier, for up to $330 million, a government source said earlier this month.
The government statement did not give any detail on the scheduled meeting with Etihad.
(Reporting by Anurag Kotoky; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Obama signs order expanding U.S. Afghanistan role - NY Times
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Obama to be chief guest at Republic Day celebrations
- Long "to do" list for Modi as clock ticks on reform
- European Parliament may propose Google break-up in draft resolution
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has a long list of pro-growth measures to implement over the next four months, but time may have already run out to breathe enough life into the economy to meet the tough 2014/15 fiscal deficit target without cuts. Article