Etihad delegation to meet Anand Sharma soon
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - A delegation from Abu Dhabi's Etihad Airways will meet Commerce Minister Anand Sharma in the next "couple of days," a government statement quoting the minister said, amid speculation that the Gulf carrier is close to buying a minority stake in Jet Airways (JET.NS).
Etihad is in talks to pick up a 24 percent stake in Jet, India's No. 2 carrier, for up to $330 million, a government source said earlier this month.
The government statement did not give any detail on the scheduled meeting with Etihad.
(Reporting by Anurag Kotoky; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Air strikes hit Kobani as Kurdish peshmerga prepare to enter
- Europe won't recognise vote in eastern Ukraine, Merkel tells Putin
- India's fiscal deficit in H1 almost 83 pct of full-year target
Shares Hit Record
The BSE Sensex and Nifty surged to record highs for a second consecutive session on Friday after Bank of Japan's surprise expansion of its massive stimulus programme raised hopes for additional foreign inflows, boosting blue-chips such as Larsen & Toubro. Full Article
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article