Daniel Day-Lewis wins best actor award from Screen Actors Guild
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Daniel Day-Lewis won the award for best actor from the Screen Actors Guild on Sunday.
Day-Lewis, who was raised in Britain, won for his intense portrayal of U.S. President Abraham Lincoln in movie drama "Lincoln."
The Screen Actors Guild, made up of about 100,000 actors working in the United States, handed out trophies for the best performances on film and television at a dinner in Los Angeles.
(Reporting by Alex Dobuzinskis, editing by Stacey Joyce)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Mars mission enters last lap; crucial test on Sept. 24
- Former New Zealand captain Martin Crowe suffers cancer relapse
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
- IPhone emerges from "bygone era", reviewers hail bigger handset
- Border standoff dominates Xi Jinping's visit to India