Jennifer Lawrence wins best actress award from Screen Actors Guild
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Jennifer Lawrence won the award for best actress from the Screen Actors Guild on Sunday.
Lawrence won for her role as a young widow in the film "Silver Linings Playbook."
The Screen Actors Guild, made up of some 100,000 actors working in the United States, handed out trophies for the best performances on film and television at a dinner in Los Angeles.
(Reporting By Jill Serjeant, editing by Stacey Joyce)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria - monitor
- Lax security in focus after attack at Canada's parliament
- India hope to get boxer Sarita Devi's suspension reversed
- Apple CEO says to add 25 stores in China within two years - Sina
The man who runs London's Tate Modern - an art gallery in a former power station that looms over the River Thames - was named on Thursday the most powerful figure in the world of contemporary art. Full Article
Photographer Wolfgang Rattay travelled to northern Pakistan to trek the K2 base camp trail. Slideshow
Animal rights group honors 'Noah' director avoiding animal use in film. Full Article