Jennifer Lawrence wins best actress award from Screen Actors Guild
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Jennifer Lawrence won the award for best actress from the Screen Actors Guild on Sunday.
Lawrence won for her role as a young widow in the film "Silver Linings Playbook."
The Screen Actors Guild, made up of some 100,000 actors working in the United States, handed out trophies for the best performances on film and television at a dinner in Los Angeles.
(Reporting By Jill Serjeant, editing by Stacey Joyce)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- UPDATE 3-Soccer-English premier league results and standings
- Mourinho thanks officials after contentious penalty sinks Chelsea
- Surrender talks set with separatists in Ukraine as standoff lasts into Easter
- Calls to U.S. poison centers involving e-cigarettes jump - CDC
Abhishek Varman’s “2 States”, based on a Chetan Bhagat novel of the same name, is a good example of a movie subject that would appeal to a new, younger Indian audience. However, it ends up being a rather dull and outdated commentary on the misconceptions Indians have about each other, writes Shilpa Jamkhandikar. Full Article