Jennifer Lawrence wins best actress award from Screen Actors Guild
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Jennifer Lawrence won the award for best actress from the Screen Actors Guild on Sunday.
Lawrence won for her role as a young widow in the film "Silver Linings Playbook."
The Screen Actors Guild, made up of some 100,000 actors working in the United States, handed out trophies for the best performances on film and television at a dinner in Los Angeles.
(Reporting By Jill Serjeant, editing by Stacey Joyce)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
- India says to defend China border after standoff ahead of Xi visit
- Chiropractic care may ease back-related leg pain
- Sensex, Nifty fall most in 1-1/2 months ahead of Fed outcome
- India to decide on diesel deregulation after state polls - oil ministry source
When Danis Tanovic chose Bollywood star Emraan Hashmi to play a Pakistani whistle-blower in his new project, the Oscar-winning Bosnian film-maker wasn’t aware of the actor’s notoriety as Indian cinema’s “serial kisser”. "It’s funny how the image that you got [of] him in your head and the image that he has are totally different things," he said. Full Article
Second actor sues Google over 'Innocence of Muslims' movie trailer. Full Article