Jennifer Lawrence wins best actress award from Screen Actors Guild
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Jennifer Lawrence won the award for best actress from the Screen Actors Guild on Sunday.
Lawrence won for her role as a young widow in the film "Silver Linings Playbook."
The Screen Actors Guild, made up of some 100,000 actors working in the United States, handed out trophies for the best performances on film and television at a dinner in Los Angeles.
(Reporting By Jill Serjeant, editing by Stacey Joyce)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Comedian Joan Rivers remains in serious condition at N.Y. hospital
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- UPDATE 4-Iceland says eruption over, lifts all airspace restrictions
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis
- Swedish carrier backs out as first Bombardier CSeries operator
“Raja Natwarlal” is a flimsily written and half-heartedly directed film, which falls short of its lofty ambitions because no one associated with it seems to have any concern for detailing or authenticity on celluloid. Emraan Hashmi seems to have got the role down pat, and doesn’t feel the need to do anything extra. The script holds Paresh Rawal and Kay Kay Menon down, writes Shilpa Jamkhandikar. Full Article