Jennifer Lawrence wins best actress award from Screen Actors Guild
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Jennifer Lawrence won the award for best actress from the Screen Actors Guild on Sunday.
Lawrence won for her role as a young widow in the film "Silver Linings Playbook."
The Screen Actors Guild, made up of some 100,000 actors working in the United States, handed out trophies for the best performances on film and television at a dinner in Los Angeles.
(Reporting By Jill Serjeant, editing by Stacey Joyce)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Thousands raised to buy car for Pennsylvania sniper's lookalike
- WHO vaccines boss signs up as Ebola trial guinea pig
- Two dead, four wounded after student opens fire at Washington state school
- UPDATE 4-P&G to exit Duracell battery business; quarterly sales dip
- WHO says Ebola vaccine plans accelerating as trials advance
Modern India is walking slowly towards a general acceptance of homosexuals and lesbians. Shonali Bose in her new film, “Margarita, With a Straw,” tries to pick up the pace. The film, which premiered and won the NETPAC award at the Toronto Film Festival earlier this year, is about a teenager with cerebral palsy who is unabashed about her sexuality, much to the horror of her middle-class, conservative mother. Full Article
Farah Khan brings back SRK, self-deprecating jokes, six-pack abs and lots of bling. Full Article