Indian shares end flat ahead of RBI's rate decision
MUMBAI Jan 28 (Reuters) - Indian shares ended flat on Monday, as traders avoided taking big positions ahead of the Reserve Bank of India's policy review on Tuesday.
Among rate sensitive stocks, ICICI Bank provisionally rose 1.7 percent, while SBI ended 0.94 percent lower.
The BSE index provisionally fell 0.05 percent, while the 50-share NSE index ended flat. (Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 8-Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- In weird Brazilian cave insects, male-female sex organs reversed
- Acid attack survivor wins millions on 'Kaun Banega Crorepati'
- Divers enter South Korean ferry in hunt for survivors
Wipro posted a 29 percent rise in its fourth-quarter net profit, beating expectations, helped by increased IT spending by its customers. For the quarter ended March 31, the company said it earned 22.27 billion rupees compared with 17.29 billion rupees a year earlier. Full Article | Full Coverage