UBS upgrades Maruti to 'buy' on yen weakness
MUMBAI (Reuters) - UBS upgraded its ratings on Maruti Suzuki India Ltd(MRTI.NS) to "buy" from "neutral," and raised its price target to 2,000 rupees from 1,500 rupees, noting the weakening Japanese yen over the past three months would boost earnings.
Maruti Suzuki is also well positioned to benefit from improvements in petrol car sales, UBS added.
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd (MRTI.NS) said on Friday its third quarter profit more than doubled.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Indians keep faith with Modi, best hope for economy - poll
- Oil ministry to seek Cabinet nod on diesel deregulation - sources
- Kentucky firefighter critical after ice bucket challenge mishap
- Kerala, India's wettest state, to go dry - in 10 years
More than 70 percent of Indians are satisfied with the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi since he took office nearly three months ago, an opinion poll showed, seeing in him the best hope to put the economy back on track. Full Article
India to hike iron ore royalty, miners may struggle to pass on extra cost. Full Article