Three analysts see no RBI rate cut on Tuesday
Reuters Market Eye - Just three analysts expect the RBI to hold interest rates steady at its policy review on Tuesday, going against the overwhelming consensus for a 25 bps cut reflected in a poll in mid-January.
IndusInd Bank (INBK.NS), Dun and Bradstreet and Commonwealth Bank of Australia(CBA.AX) are the standouts from the poll.
If these three financial firms are right, traders expect a huge sell-off in bonds, equities and the rupee.
RBI Governor Duvvuri Subbarao earlier this month sparked much debate in markets after calling inflation "still quite high", though he has also noted inflation has eased.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in state elections
- Anti-corruption crusader Kejriwal stuns Indian politics with election surge
- Anti-corruption crusader stuns Indian politics with election surge
- UPDATE 5-Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- S Africa beat India again to lift mood of one-day series
The Congress party was headed for a bruising defeat in key state elections, including in the capital, early results showed on Sunday, underlining the struggle it will face to cling to power in a national election due by May. Full Article