Three analysts see no RBI rate cut on Tuesday
Reuters Market Eye - Just three analysts expect the RBI to hold interest rates steady at its policy review on Tuesday, going against the overwhelming consensus for a 25 bps cut reflected in a poll in mid-January.
IndusInd Bank (INBK.NS), Dun and Bradstreet and Commonwealth Bank of Australia(CBA.AX) are the standouts from the poll.
If these three financial firms are right, traders expect a huge sell-off in bonds, equities and the rupee.
RBI Governor Duvvuri Subbarao earlier this month sparked much debate in markets after calling inflation "still quite high", though he has also noted inflation has eased.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia probes passenger backgrounds for clues on missing flight
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack - sources
- Rupee falls after sources say plan to join global debt index on hold
- UPDATE 5-GM hires law firms it works with to probe recall response
- India halts plan to join global bond indexes, defers Euroclear - sources
MISSING MALAYSIAN PLANE
Malaysia is probing if any passengers or crew aboard a missing airliner had personal or psychological problems that might explain its disappearance, along with the possibility of a hijack, sabotage or mechanical failure. Full Article