Three analysts see no RBI rate cut on Tuesday
Reuters Market Eye - Just three analysts expect the RBI to hold interest rates steady at its policy review on Tuesday, going against the overwhelming consensus for a 25 bps cut reflected in a poll in mid-January.
IndusInd Bank (INBK.NS), Dun and Bradstreet and Commonwealth Bank of Australia(CBA.AX) are the standouts from the poll.
If these three financial firms are right, traders expect a huge sell-off in bonds, equities and the rupee.
RBI Governor Duvvuri Subbarao earlier this month sparked much debate in markets after calling inflation "still quite high", though he has also noted inflation has eased.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
- Russian military likely reluctant participants in Ukraine-US general
- UPDATE 4-Liberian man in Lagos being tested for Ebola
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- UPDATE 2-U.S. says Russia firing artillery over border at Ukraine military
India blocked an agreement on new global customs rules on Thursday, angering fellow members of the World Trade Organization who say Delhi's veto could be costly, economically and politically. Full Article