Three analysts see no RBI rate cut on Tuesday
Reuters Market Eye - Just three analysts expect the RBI to hold interest rates steady at its policy review on Tuesday, going against the overwhelming consensus for a 25 bps cut reflected in a poll in mid-January.
IndusInd Bank (INBK.NS), Dun and Bradstreet and Commonwealth Bank of Australia(CBA.AX) are the standouts from the poll.
If these three financial firms are right, traders expect a huge sell-off in bonds, equities and the rupee.
RBI Governor Duvvuri Subbarao earlier this month sparked much debate in markets after calling inflation "still quite high", though he has also noted inflation has eased.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- US STOCKS-Dow, S&P 500 end at record highs; BoJ move adds fuel to rally
- 'Plastic' Halloween skulls found in Connecticut are human remains
- Judge rejects strict limits on U.S. nurse who treated Ebola patients
- Protests force out Burkina president, soldiers vie for power
- Individual genetic differences may affect Ebola survival - study
Shares Hit Record
The BSE Sensex and Nifty surged to record highs for a second consecutive session on Friday after Bank of Japan's surprise expansion of its massive stimulus programme raised hopes for additional foreign inflows, boosting blue-chips such as Larsen & Toubro. Full Article
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article