Three analysts see no RBI rate cut on Tuesday
Reuters Market Eye - Just three analysts expect the RBI to hold interest rates steady at its policy review on Tuesday, going against the overwhelming consensus for a 25 bps cut reflected in a poll in mid-January.
IndusInd Bank (INBK.NS), Dun and Bradstreet and Commonwealth Bank of Australia(CBA.AX) are the standouts from the poll.
If these three financial firms are right, traders expect a huge sell-off in bonds, equities and the rupee.
RBI Governor Duvvuri Subbarao earlier this month sparked much debate in markets after calling inflation "still quite high", though he has also noted inflation has eased.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia
- In rare move, Canada accuses Chinese of trying to hack govt network
- Chinese police shoot dead dozens after attack in Xinjiang
- UPDATE 2-U.S. Senate shortens transport extension, sets up clash with House
Piramal Enterprises has tied up with Dutch pension fund APG Asset Management to invest $1 billion in Indian infrastructure companies over three years, in a move that would help indebted firms access funds to complete projects. Full Article