Adani Port surges on Abbott stake sale plan
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd (APSE.NS) gain 5.2 percent a day after the company says it will sell a majority stake in Australia's Abbot Point port to the Adani family.
Abbot Point reported a loss of 670 million rupees for the October-December quarter, Adani said on Monday.
Adani Port's stake sale in its Australian port would reduce the Indian company's consolidated debt by around 110 billion rupees, while the reinvestment of the cash flows for domestic growth opportunities would be a positive, brokerage Edelweiss says in an email to clients.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Controlling the message: Modi chooses state media
- IBM to pay Globalfoundries $1.5 bln to take chip unit off its hands -WSJ
- U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near Kobani
- Sensex surges over 300 points on energy reforms, state elections
- Rupee continues to trade higher; share gains, election results aid
The BSE Sensex surges over 300 points and the Nifty gains nearly 100 points after the government's energy reforms lead to a rally in energy firms, while wins by Prime Minister Narendra Modi's party in two state elections raise expectations for additional reforms. Full Article