Adani Port surges on Abbott stake sale plan
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd (APSE.NS) gain 5.2 percent a day after the company says it will sell a majority stake in Australia's Abbot Point port to the Adani family.
Abbot Point reported a loss of 670 million rupees for the October-December quarter, Adani said on Monday.
Adani Port's stake sale in its Australian port would reduce the Indian company's consolidated debt by around 110 billion rupees, while the reinvestment of the cash flows for domestic growth opportunities would be a positive, brokerage Edelweiss says in an email to clients.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- South Africa, world mourn 'giant for justice' Nelson Mandela
- Trade deal seen 'very close', India makes WTO sweat
- Study casts doubt on whether extra vitamin D prevents disease
- Delhi's rubble-strewn Connaught Place mirrors Congress' election struggle
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
Ministers from nearly 160 member countries of the World Trade Organisation entered a final day of negotiations on Friday with officials sounding optimistic over chances of salvaging a deal that would save the trade body from sliding into irrelevance. Full Article