MARKET EYE-India's Adani Port surges on Abbott stake sale plan
* Shares in Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd gain 5.2 percent a day after the company says it will sell a majority stake in Australia's Abbot Point port to the Adani family. * Abbot Point reported a loss of 670 million rupees for the October-December quarter, Adani said on Monday. * Adani Port's stake sale in its Australian port would reduce the Indian company's consolidated debt by around 110 billion rupees ($2.04 billion), while the reinvestment of the cash flows for domestic growth opportunities would be a positive, brokerage Edelweiss says in an email to clients. ($1 = 53.9050 Indian rupees)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-Apple's Cook: "I'm proud to be gay"
- UPDATE 1-Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Bike-riding U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine, on collision course with governor
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Apple's Cook: "I'm proud to be gay"
India's universal health plan that aims to offer guaranteed benefits to a sixth of the world's population will cost an estimated 1.6 trillion rupees ($26 billion) over the next four years, a senior health ministry official said. Full Article