As Idea gets set to post results, watch Bharti shares
Reuters Market Eye - Investors in Bharti Airtel(BRTI.NS) are keenly waiting rival Idea Cellular Ltd's (IDEA.NS) October-December earnings results due later in the day.
Idea is much smaller than Bharti in revenue terms, but both mobile carriers operate on GSM technology and have similar kinds of subscribers.
As well, both companies' mainstay is second-generation (2G) voice although there has been a greater push in recent months to increase revenue from mobile data.
That may help explain why Idea and Bharti shares have seen a correlation of 0.86 in the past three months.
"Idea's numbers would also answer whether the 2G industry is growing or not, which should have bearing on Bharti too," said an analyst tracking the sector.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Facebook Q1 revenue grows 72 percent on rising mobile ads
- UPDATE 3-Boy and girl on Korean ferry tied life jackets together before they drowned
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry tied life jackets together before they drowned
- Kashmiris wary as Modi challenges for power
- Preview - Liverpool seek to land knockout blow on Chelsea
The opposition Bharatiya Janata Party was set to make gains in Tamil Nadu and West Bengal that began voting on Thursday in the sixth phase of a mammoth general election that could help it build a stable majority in parliament. Read | Full Coverage: Election 2014
India may cede top rice exporter spot under Southeast Asian price onslaught. Full Article