As Idea gets set to post results, watch Bharti shares
Reuters Market Eye - Investors in Bharti Airtel(BRTI.NS) are keenly waiting rival Idea Cellular Ltd's (IDEA.NS) October-December earnings results due later in the day.
Idea is much smaller than Bharti in revenue terms, but both mobile carriers operate on GSM technology and have similar kinds of subscribers.
As well, both companies' mainstay is second-generation (2G) voice although there has been a greater push in recent months to increase revenue from mobile data.
That may help explain why Idea and Bharti shares have seen a correlation of 0.86 in the past three months.
"Idea's numbers would also answer whether the 2G industry is growing or not, which should have bearing on Bharti too," said an analyst tracking the sector.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- Lax security in focus after attack at Canada's parliament
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby
- China's Xiaomi shifts some smartphone user data out of Beijing on privacy concerns
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital
India could allow commercial coal mining by foreign companies if they set up units in the country, opening the door for global giants like Rio Tinto to access the world's fifth largest coal reserves, a source familiar with the matter said. Full Article