As Idea gets set to post results, watch Bharti shares
Reuters Market Eye - Investors in Bharti Airtel(BRTI.NS) are keenly waiting rival Idea Cellular Ltd's (IDEA.NS) October-December earnings results due later in the day.
Idea is much smaller than Bharti in revenue terms, but both mobile carriers operate on GSM technology and have similar kinds of subscribers.
As well, both companies' mainstay is second-generation (2G) voice although there has been a greater push in recent months to increase revenue from mobile data.
That may help explain why Idea and Bharti shares have seen a correlation of 0.86 in the past three months.
"Idea's numbers would also answer whether the 2G industry is growing or not, which should have bearing on Bharti too," said an analyst tracking the sector.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 9-Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Japan will conduct Pacific whale hunt in wake of court ruling
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
- Mediterranean diet may slow diabetes progression
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article