India's Idea Cellular Q3 net up 14 pct, lags estimates
NEW DELHI Jan 29 (Reuters) - India's Idea Cellular Ltd reported a 14 percent increase in quarterly profit, the third straight quarter of earnings growth for the country's No. 3 mobile carrier by revenue, though the rise was smaller than expected.
Idea, part of the Aditya Birla conglomerate, said consolidated net profit rose to 2.29 billion Indian rupees ($42.5 million) for its fiscal third quarter ended Dec. 31, from 2.01 billion rupees reported a year earlier.
Analysts had expected the company to report net profit of 2.65 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. ($1 = 53.9050 Indian rupees) (Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Daniel Magnowski, Aradhana Aravindan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Security threat reported on Detroit-Denver Delta flight
- Mediterranean diet may slow diabetes progression
- UPDATE 10-Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
- UPDATE 3-Avalanche kills at least 12 guides in deadliest incident on Mount Everest
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article
Turning smog into jewels - a Dutch designer's solution to Beijing's pollution. Video