India's Idea Cellular Q3 net up 14 pct, lags estimates
NEW DELHI Jan 29 (Reuters) - India's Idea Cellular Ltd reported a 14 percent increase in quarterly profit, the third straight quarter of earnings growth for the country's No. 3 mobile carrier by revenue, though the rise was smaller than expected.
Idea, part of the Aditya Birla conglomerate, said consolidated net profit rose to 2.29 billion Indian rupees ($42.5 million) for its fiscal third quarter ended Dec. 31, from 2.01 billion rupees reported a year earlier.
Analysts had expected the company to report net profit of 2.65 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. ($1 = 53.9050 Indian rupees) (Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Daniel Magnowski, Aradhana Aravindan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Maker of U.S. highway guardrails stops shipments over safety concerns
- Google's Pichai to oversee major products and services
- São Paulo running out of water as rain-making Amazon vanishes
- UPDATE 1-UK's Labour suffers setback as leader in Scotland quits
- India picks Israel's Spike anti-tank missile over U.S. Javelin - source
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley favours a cut in interest rates to trigger demand in the construction sector, a newspaper report said on Saturday, but the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has signalled it will not ease policy until it is confident of lower inflation. Full Article
Euro zone risks "relapse into recession" without structural reforms - Draghi. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article