RBI chief says repo, CRR cuts to ensure policy transmission
MUMBAI (Reuters) - RBI chief Duvvuri Subbarao said the simultaneous cut in the repo rate and the cash reserve ratio was to ensure transmission of monetary policy action into lending rates.
Subbarao was addressing a post-policy press conference after he earlier cut the repo rate by 25 basis points to 7.75 percent and the cash reserve ratio by an equivalent amount to 4 percent.
(Reporting by Neha Dasgupta; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. Treasury moves against tax-avoidance 'inversion' deals
- Chinese and Indian troops in Himalayan standoff
- India withdraws regulator's power to cap non-essential drug prices
- India's Mars mission a step closer to success with engine test
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on fighters in Syria
India has withdrawn the drug pricing authority's powers that allowed it to fix the prices of medicines not deemed essential, after its decision to impose price caps on more than 100 drugs in July triggered industry protests. Article