RBI chief says repo, CRR cuts to ensure policy transmission
MUMBAI (Reuters) - RBI chief Duvvuri Subbarao said the simultaneous cut in the repo rate and the cash reserve ratio was to ensure transmission of monetary policy action into lending rates.
Subbarao was addressing a post-policy press conference after he earlier cut the repo rate by 25 basis points to 7.75 percent and the cash reserve ratio by an equivalent amount to 4 percent.
(Reporting by Neha Dasgupta; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - India set to run out of critical free drug for HIV/AIDS programme
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Defiant Hong Kong protesters demand leader steps down
- Ebola outbreaks in Nigeria, Senegal, appear contained: CDC reports
- Sturridge won't be fit for England, says Rodgers
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article