The Congress party is debating holding a general election in November, six months ahead of schedule, senior party leaders said, reflecting an internal discussion over whether to pull the plug on the shaky ruling coalition or have it serve a full term. Full Article
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida
- Weakened Congress wondering if early elections will help
- S.Africa minister accuses Indian High Commission official in Gupta scandal
- HSBC cuts gold, silver price forecasts for 2013, 2014
- Rod Stewart tops UK album chart for first time in 34 years
Confused while buying stocks? Get buy, sell or hold recommendations from VantageTrade. Full Coverage
Consumer price inflation at 8 pct if food removed: RBI chief
MUMBAI (Reuters) - India's consumer price inflation remains high but if the impact of food prices is removed it is at 8 percent, the Reserve Bank of India Governor Duvvuri Subbarao said on Tuesday.
India's annual consumer price inflation accelerated to 10.56 percent in December from the previous month. Food items contribute 49.71 percent to the index.
Analysts have been worried about the central bank's ability to cut rates given high consumer price inflation even as wholesale price based inflation eased to a three-year low.
Earlier in the day, the RBI cut the key repo rate for the first time in nine months by 25 basis points, and also lowered bank's cash reserve ratio to 4 percent from 4.25 percent. (Reporting by Neha Dasgupta)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this