RPT-Euro breaks above resistance, hits 14-month high
NEW YORK Jan 29 (Reuters) - The euro extended gains versus the dollar on Tuesday, breaking above key resistance to hit a 14-month high.
The euro rose as high as $1.3490 according to Reuters data, the highest since Dec. 2, 2011. It was last at $1.3481, up 0.2 percent on the day.
It rose above major resistance at $1.3486, its 2012 high. Next key targets include $1.3492, the 50 percent retracement from the high in May 2011 to the low in July 2012 and the psychologically important $1.35 level, traders said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Security threat reported on Detroit-Denver Delta flight
- Mediterranean diet may slow diabetes progression
- UPDATE 10-Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
- UPDATE 3-Avalanche kills at least 12 guides in deadliest incident on Mount Everest
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article
Turning smog into jewels - a Dutch designer's solution to Beijing's pollution. Video