RPT-Euro breaks above resistance, hits 14-month high
NEW YORK Jan 29 (Reuters) - The euro extended gains versus the dollar on Tuesday, breaking above key resistance to hit a 14-month high.
The euro rose as high as $1.3490 according to Reuters data, the highest since Dec. 2, 2011. It was last at $1.3481, up 0.2 percent on the day.
It rose above major resistance at $1.3486, its 2012 high. Next key targets include $1.3492, the 50 percent retracement from the high in May 2011 to the low in July 2012 and the psychologically important $1.35 level, traders said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs
- Malaysian jet's disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters
- Malaysia Airlines says "fearing the worst" for missing jet
- Australia's Wesfarmers plans A$1.12 billion insurance spinoff - report
- Malaysia probing two more passengers on missing flight - source
PLANE GOES MISSING
A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew was presumed to have crashed off the Vietnamese coast on Saturday, and European officials said two people on board were using false identities. Full Article