RPT-Euro breaks above resistance, hits 14-month high
NEW YORK Jan 29 (Reuters) - The euro extended gains versus the dollar on Tuesday, breaking above key resistance to hit a 14-month high.
The euro rose as high as $1.3490 according to Reuters data, the highest since Dec. 2, 2011. It was last at $1.3481, up 0.2 percent on the day.
It rose above major resistance at $1.3486, its 2012 high. Next key targets include $1.3492, the 50 percent retracement from the high in May 2011 to the low in July 2012 and the psychologically important $1.35 level, traders said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Billionaire investor Icahn steps up pressure on Apple
- UPDATE 3-Actor Walker died from multiple injuries in crash, 'Fast 7' filming halted
- UPDATE 4-German minister snubs Ukraine leaders on Kiev visit
- UPDATE 8-Soccer-English premier league top scorers
- Actor Walker died from multiple injuries in crash, 'Fast 7' filming halted |
The Hindu nationalist opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) emerged as the biggest winner in four key state elections, exit polls forecast on Wednesday, a possible blow to the ruling Congress ahead of a general election due next year. Full Article