Nokia invests $250 million in venture funding
HELSINKI (Reuters) - Finnish mobile phone maker Nokia (NOK1V.HE) said on Tuesday it would invest $250 million in a new venture fund for mobile technology startups.
It would be the third fund for Nokia Growth Partners, Nokia's global venture firm which invests in mobile hardware and component companies as well as digital advertising startups.
Nokia Growth Partners had $600 million under management, according to its website.
(Reporting by Ritsuko Ando; Editing by Mark Potter)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. plans to arm Iraq's Sunni tribesmen with AK-47s, RPGs, mortars
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Bighorn sheep escapes Los Angeles Zoo, dies after car strikes it
- Apple $450 mln e-book settlement gets final court approval
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
The European Parliament is preparing a non-binding resolution that proposes splitting Google Inc's search engine operations in Europe from the rest of its business as one possible option to rein in the Internet company’s dominance. Full Article
Samsung files ITC complaint to block Nvidia chips from U.S. - Bloomberg. Full Article