HELSINKI Finnish mobile phone maker Nokia (NOK1V.HE) said on Tuesday it would invest $250 million in a new venture fund for mobile technology startups.
It would be the third fund for Nokia Growth Partners, Nokia's global venture firm which invests in mobile hardware and component companies as well as digital advertising startups.
Nokia Growth Partners had $600 million under management, according to its website.
(Reporting by Ritsuko Ando; Editing by Mark Potter)
Trending On Reuters
India has blocked hundreds of adult websites to prevent pornography becoming a social nuisance, a government official said on Monday, sparking a debate about censorship and freedom in the world's largest democracy. Article | Poll
- Samsung glamour days over as it fights to save mobile market share
- Drug using 3D printing technology gets FDA nod
- U.S. court to hear lawsuits over 'net neutrality' in December
- U.S. drones capture breath samples from humpback whales in study
- Internet experts submit draft plan for U.S. to cede domain oversight