Nokia invests $250 million in venture funding
HELSINKI (Reuters) - Finnish mobile phone maker Nokia (NOK1V.HE) said on Tuesday it would invest $250 million in a new venture fund for mobile technology startups.
It would be the third fund for Nokia Growth Partners, Nokia's global venture firm which invests in mobile hardware and component companies as well as digital advertising startups.
Nokia Growth Partners had $600 million under management, according to its website.
(Reporting by Ritsuko Ando; Editing by Mark Potter)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Govt orders Financial Tech to absorb NSEL, liabilities
- Exclusive: Iran offers "compromises" in nuclear talks, West unmoved
- UPDATE 10-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
Apple Inc forecast a strong holiday quarter after a better-than-expected 16 percent jump in iPhone sales, and the strongest growth in Mac computer shipments in years helped the company surpass Wall Street's targets. Full Article | Related Story