Nokia invests $250 million in venture funding
HELSINKI (Reuters) - Finnish mobile phone maker Nokia (NOK1V.HE) said on Tuesday it would invest $250 million in a new venture fund for mobile technology startups.
It would be the third fund for Nokia Growth Partners, Nokia's global venture firm which invests in mobile hardware and component companies as well as digital advertising startups.
Nokia Growth Partners had $600 million under management, according to its website.
(Reporting by Ritsuko Ando; Editing by Mark Potter)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Islamic State kills at least 25 Iraqi tribesmen near Ramadi - officials
- Bighorn sheep escapes Los Angeles Zoo, dies after car strikes it
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
- U.S. plans to arm Iraq's Sunni tribesmen with AK-47s, RPGs, mortars
The European Parliament is preparing a non-binding resolution that proposes splitting Google Inc's search engine operations in Europe from the rest of its business as one possible option to rein in the Internet company’s dominance. Full Article