Nokia invests $250 million in venture funding
HELSINKI (Reuters) - Finnish mobile phone maker Nokia (NOK1V.HE) said on Tuesday it would invest $250 million in a new venture fund for mobile technology startups.
It would be the third fund for Nokia Growth Partners, Nokia's global venture firm which invests in mobile hardware and component companies as well as digital advertising startups.
Nokia Growth Partners had $600 million under management, according to its website.
(Reporting by Ritsuko Ando; Editing by Mark Potter)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Rapper Lecrae leads debut-filled top ten of Billboard 200 chart
- UPDATE 2-U.S. House passes bill to avert govt shutdown, extend Export-Import bank
- Biden apologizes for 'Shylocks' gaffe, visits Iowa
- HIGHLIGHTS - Fed chief Yellen's remarks at press conference
- US STOCKS-Wall St edges higher after Fed; Dow sets record
Amazon.com Inc ramped up its push into hardware on Wednesday with the debut of six new or upgraded devices, including a high-end $199 e-reader called the Kindle Voyage and its cheapest-ever touch-screen tablet. Full Article