Nokia invests $250 million in venture funding
HELSINKI (Reuters) - Finnish mobile phone maker Nokia (NOK1V.HE) said on Tuesday it would invest $250 million in a new venture fund for mobile technology startups.
It would be the third fund for Nokia Growth Partners, Nokia's global venture firm which invests in mobile hardware and component companies as well as digital advertising startups.
Nokia Growth Partners had $600 million under management, according to its website.
(Reporting by Ritsuko Ando; Editing by Mark Potter)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general
- SEBI piles pressure on Sahara to sell overseas hotels
- J.P. Morgan found hackers through breach of corporate event website - media
- Group says piece of metal found on Pacific island is from Earhart's plane
- 'Plastic' Halloween skulls found in Connecticut are human remains
Richard Branson is set to meet his Virgin Galactic space team in California's Mojave Desert on Saturday following the crash of a passenger spaceship being developed by his company that killed one pilot and seriously injured the other. Article