Drug Safety Settlement
Japanese drugmaker Daiichi Sankyo Co, which bought control of Ranbaxy Laboratories in 2008, said it believes unnamed former shareholders of the company hid information regarding U.S. regulatory probes into Ranbaxy. Full Article
- Soldier hacked to death in London in suspected Islamist attack
- FBI says man shot dead while being questioned about Boston bombings
- Short story writer Lydia Davis wins Man Booker International fiction prize
- Sreesanth says did not indulge in spot-fixing
- Daiichi Sankyo says it was misled over Ranbaxy probes
Confused while buying stocks? Get buy, sell or hold recommendations from VantageTrade. Full Coverage
Rupee at one-week high after RBI rate cut; Axis flows
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee trades at 53.64/65 versus its previous close of 53.91/92, after earlier hitting a session high of 53.5475, its highest since January 22.
Traders say sentiment for the rupee turning positive after the central bank cut both the repo rate and the cash reserve ratio by 25 basis points each at its policy review.
Some traders also say rupee boosted by dollar inflows from the Axis Bank share sale to qualified institutional investors.
"The rate cut was most or less certain, so that is not the only reason pushing the rupee up. There seems to be Axis flows in the market as well," a senior dealer with a private bank said. Two other dealers also cited Axis Bank-related inflows.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this