MUMBAI Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan is India's highest paid celebrity, according to Forbes India magazine's inaugural celebrity 100 list.
The rankings, published in this fortnight's issue, listed India's biggest entertainers based on their income and popularity.
With estimated earnings of 2 billion rupees between October 2011 and September 2012, the 47-year-old "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" star out-earned actor Salman Khan and cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
Salman Khan, who starred in "Dabangg 2" and "Ek Tha Tiger" last year, took second place with 1.4 billion rupees in earnings. Dhoni, actors Akshay Kumar and Amitabh Bachchan were also in the top five.
The Forbes India list was compiled on the basis of visibility in print, media and online as well as gross pre-tax earnings. The Top 100 list mostly features Bollywood stars, but cricketers, sports stars and authors also made the cut.
Actress Kareena Kapoor, 32, was the highest-ranked woman on the list at seven.
Click here to see the full list.
(Reporting by Shilpa Jamkhandikar; Editing by Tony Tharakan)
Trending On Reuters
“Welcome Back” is sporadically funny, one that ebbs and flows; but it just about passes the ‘guilty pleasure’ test thanks to Anil Kapoor and Nana Patekar, writes Shilpa Jamkhandikar. Full Article
- Depp says he mined his 'inner evil' to play gangster Bulger
- Family jokes and school struggles, film shows private side of Malala
- With Teddy by his side, Mr Bean fetes 25 years with London drive
- Tom Hardy takes on London gangster Kray twins in "Legend"
- Portman's directorial debut is a bitter-sweet Israeli homecoming