Bharti Airtel to name Manoj Kohli as managing director
REUTERS - Bharti Airtel said its board will consider on Friday appointing Manoj Kohli as the company's managing director, extending a management restructuring exercise aimed at reviving growth at the world's No. 4 cellular carrier by customers.
Kohli, a company veteran, currently heads Bharti Airtel's international operations as its chief executive officer and is also a joint managing director of the company. He is currently based in Nairobi, the headquarters of Bharti Airtel's African operations.
Bharti's founder billionaire Sunil Mittal, who is currently its chairman and managing director, will become executive chairman of the company, after Kohli moves to his new role.
Gopal Vittal, who is set to take over as the chief executive of Bharti Airtel's key domestic operations in March, is to be named as an additional director and joint managing director, the company said in a stock exchange filing on Wednesday.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Malaysia Airlines plane returns safely after landing gear scare
- On Easter, Pope calls for end to war, condemns waste exacerbating hunger
- Abdullah widens lead in Afghan presidential vote - latest count
- Australia sees "regroup" on Malaysian plane search in a few days
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane to make emergency landing
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article