Repo window won't turn surplus even if govt spends all balance: RBI
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The Reserve Bank of India's daily liquidity adjustment facility will not turn into surplus even if the government spends all its surplus cash balance, executive director Deepak Mohanty said on Wednesday.
Mohanty was speaking to analysts a day after the central bank cut its key repo rate and banks' cash reserve ration by 25 basis points each.
On Wednesday, banks borrowed 1.04 trillion rupees from the RBI's repo window, significantly higher than its comfort level of deficit.
(Reporting by Shamik Paul)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Oil falls below $86 as oversupply, global economy worries weigh
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- UPDATE 7-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- UPDATE 2-Texas investor Sam Wyly files for bankruptcy after losing SEC fraud case
China grew at its slowest pace since the global financial crisis in the September quarter and risks missing its official target for the first time in 15 years, adding to concerns the world's second-largest economy is becoming a drag on global growth. Full Article
Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman. Full Article