Repo window won't turn surplus even if govt spends all balance: RBI
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The Reserve Bank of India's daily liquidity adjustment facility will not turn into surplus even if the government spends all its surplus cash balance, executive director Deepak Mohanty said on Wednesday.
Mohanty was speaking to analysts a day after the central bank cut its key repo rate and banks' cash reserve ration by 25 basis points each.
On Wednesday, banks borrowed 1.04 trillion rupees from the RBI's repo window, significantly higher than its comfort level of deficit.
(Reporting by Shamik Paul)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
- Russian military likely reluctant participants in Ukraine-US general
- UPDATE 4-Liberian man in Lagos being tested for Ebola
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- UPDATE 2-U.S. says Russia firing artillery over border at Ukraine military
India blocked an agreement on new global customs rules on Thursday, angering fellow members of the World Trade Organization who say Delhi's veto could be costly, economically and politically. Full Article