Dollar briefly gains versus yen after U.S. ADP data
NEW YORK Jan 30 (Reuters) - The dollar briefly jumped against the yen in early trade on Wednesday after a better-than-expected reading on U.S. private-sector employment growth for January.
The dollar rose as high as 91.39 yen on Reuters data, compared with 91.25 yen before the release. It was last up 0.6 percent at 91.29 yen.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missouri grand jury has made decision in fatal shooting of black teen - report
- Congress signals it could back Modi's insurance reform plan
- Jindal Steel shelves $10 bln project after coal setback
- Hagel, under pressure, resigns as U.S. defense secretary |
- Recharge your phone in 30 seconds? Israeli firm says it can
The main opposition Congress party signalled on Monday it could support government legislation to liberalise the insurance industry, a long-delayed reform expected to help improve investor confidence. Full Article
Hyundai Motor, Kia Motors lift 2014 global sales target on China, emerging markets Full Article