Indian shares edge higher; Reliance, ICICI Bank lead
MUMBAI Jan 30 (Reuters) - Indian shares posted slight gains on Wednesday as Reliance Industries Ltd recovered from a four-session losing streak, while ICICI Bank Ltd rose a day ahead of its quarterly earnings results.
Still, sentiment remained weak after India's central bank disappointed investors by staying cautious on future monetary easing.
Reliance Industries provisionally closed up 1.9 percent, while ICICI Bank ended up 0.4 percent.
The BSE index provisionally gained 0.06 percent, while the 50-share NSE index ended up 0.09 percent. (Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Jijo Jacob and Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Avalanche kills at least 12 guides in deadliest incident on Mount Everest
- UPDATE 10-Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
- Avalanche kills at least 12 guides in deadliest incident on Mount Everest
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article