Indian shares edge higher; Reliance, ICICI Bank lead
MUMBAI Jan 30 (Reuters) - Indian shares posted slight gains on Wednesday as Reliance Industries Ltd recovered from a four-session losing streak, while ICICI Bank Ltd rose a day ahead of its quarterly earnings results.
Still, sentiment remained weak after India's central bank disappointed investors by staying cautious on future monetary easing.
Reliance Industries provisionally closed up 1.9 percent, while ICICI Bank ended up 0.4 percent.
The BSE index provisionally gained 0.06 percent, while the 50-share NSE index ended up 0.09 percent. (Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Jijo Jacob and Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- EXCLUSIVE - Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- UPDATE 1-Putin foe Khodorkovsky says Russia is lying about Ukraine
- UPDATE 2-Interpol probes more suspect passports from missing flight
- Afghanistan's powerful Vice President Fahim dies
Officials investigating the disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines jetliner with 239 people on board suspect it may have disintegrated in mid-flight, a senior source said on Sunday, as Vietnam reported a possible sighting of wreckage from the plane. Article | Exclusive