Axis Bank raises $1 billion via share sale
REUTERS - Axis Bank(AXBK.NS) said on Thursday it has raised a total of 55.4 billion rupees through the sale of shares, in the biggest equity deal in more than a month in Asia's third-largest economy.
The bank raised 47.3 billion rupees by selling shares to institutional investors, while the rest of the amount was raised via sale to some existing shareholders.
Axis Bank had launched the offering late on Monday.
(Reporting by Aradhana Aravindan; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missouri grand jury has made decision in fatal shooting of black teen - report
- Congress signals it could back Modi's insurance reform plan
- Jindal Steel shelves $10 bln project after coal setback
- Hagel, under pressure, resigns as U.S. defense secretary |
- Recharge your phone in 30 seconds? Israeli firm says it can
The main opposition Congress party signalled on Monday it could support government legislation to liberalise the insurance industry, a long-delayed reform expected to help improve investor confidence. Full Article
Hyundai Motor, Kia Motors lift 2014 global sales target on China, emerging markets Full Article