Axis Bank raises $1 billion via share sale
REUTERS - Axis Bank(AXBK.NS) said on Thursday it has raised a total of 55.4 billion rupees through the sale of shares, in the biggest equity deal in more than a month in Asia's third-largest economy.
The bank raised 47.3 billion rupees by selling shares to institutional investors, while the rest of the amount was raised via sale to some existing shareholders.
Axis Bank had launched the offering late on Monday.
(Reporting by Aradhana Aravindan; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed - Algerian official
- Taiwan launches inquiry into plane crash that killed 48
- Wipro sees strong sales growth, eyes Europe deals
- Honda's Mobilio car looks to repeat Indonesia success in India
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
India is set to offer Nepal a landmark pact to help develop its huge hydro-electric power potential as the South Asian giant takes another step to re-assert influence among smaller neighbours where China has been forging closer ties. Full Article