Axis Bank raises $1 billion via share sale
REUTERS - Axis Bank(AXBK.NS) said on Thursday it has raised a total of 55.4 billion rupees through the sale of shares, in the biggest equity deal in more than a month in Asia's third-largest economy.
The bank raised 47.3 billion rupees by selling shares to institutional investors, while the rest of the amount was raised via sale to some existing shareholders.
Axis Bank had launched the offering late on Monday.
(Reporting by Aradhana Aravindan; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- UPDATE 3-Soccer-English premier league results and standings
- Mourinho thanks officials after contentious penalty sinks Chelsea
- Surrender talks set with separatists in Ukraine as standoff lasts into Easter
- Calls to U.S. poison centers involving e-cigarettes jump - CDC
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article
Turning smog into jewels - a Dutch designer's solution to Beijing's pollution. Video