Axis Bank raises $1 billion via share sale
REUTERS - Axis Bank(AXBK.NS) said on Thursday it has raised a total of 55.4 billion rupees through the sale of shares, in the biggest equity deal in more than a month in Asia's third-largest economy.
The bank raised 47.3 billion rupees by selling shares to institutional investors, while the rest of the amount was raised via sale to some existing shareholders.
Axis Bank had launched the offering late on Monday.
(Reporting by Aradhana Aravindan; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 5-Hurricane Odile batters Mexico's Baja resorts, sparks looting
- Hurricane Odile batters Mexico's Baja resorts, sparks looting
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
- LAPD investigates complaint from detained 'Django' actress
- Alibaba to boost IPO size on "overwhelming" demand - sources
Government officials will meet on Tuesday to discuss proposals to shut down some loss-making state-owned companies, risking a conflict with powerful trade unions. Full Article
INSIGHT - "Mr. Confession" and his boss drive China's antitrust crusade . Full Article