Govt expects 10 percent lower receipts from stake sale
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The government is likely to raise 270 billion rupees through sale of its stake in state-run companies, 10 percent lower than the initial target for the current fiscal year ending in March, Disinvestment Secretary Ravi Mathur told reporters on Thursday.
In March last year, the government had fixed a target of 300 billion rupees through partial privatisation of state-run companies during this fiscal year.
(Reporting by Arup Roychoudhury; Editing by G.Ram Mohan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bighorn sheep escapes Los Angeles Zoo, dies after car strikes it
- U.S. plans to arm Iraq's Sunni tribesmen with AK-47s, RPGs, mortars
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Apple $450 mln e-book settlement gets final court approval
- Team mates will determine success of my captaincy - Kohli