Govt expects 10 percent lower receipts from stake sale
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The government is likely to raise 270 billion rupees through sale of its stake in state-run companies, 10 percent lower than the initial target for the current fiscal year ending in March, Disinvestment Secretary Ravi Mathur told reporters on Thursday.
In March last year, the government had fixed a target of 300 billion rupees through partial privatisation of state-run companies during this fiscal year.
(Reporting by Arup Roychoudhury; Editing by G.Ram Mohan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks-source
- Ebola outbreaks in Nigeria, Senegal, appear contained: CDC reports
- UPDATE 2-EU-Russia gas duel deepens with Slovakia supply cut
- Obama, Modi work to deepen improving U.S.-India ties
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article