Etihad to apply soon for Jet investment approval - source
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Abu Dhabi's Etihad Airways will soon apply to India's foreign investment approval authority for investing in Jet Airways Ltd (JET.NS), said a source at India's trade ministry on Thursday.
Jet expects to finalise a stake-sale deal with Etihad "in a week or so", an executive at the carrier, who declined to be named, said earlier on Thursday.
Top executives at the two airlines are in the Indian capital to meet the civil aviation and trade ministers and senior officials.
(Reporting by Anurag Kotoky; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Heineken confirms, rebuffs SABMiller bid
- Wall St Week Ahead - Fed change unlikely to blunt equities' appeal over bonds
- NATO countries have begun arms deliveries to Ukraine - defence minister
- North Korea sentences US citizen Matthew Miller to six years hard labour
- British queen urges Scots to 'think carefully' on independence vote
Xi's South Asia Visit
China will pledge to invest billions of dollars in India's rail network during a visit by President Xi Jinping this week, bringing more than diplomatic nicety to the neighbours' first summit since Narendra Modi became prime minister in May. Full Article | Video