Etihad to apply soon for Jet investment approval - source
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Abu Dhabi's Etihad Airways will soon apply to India's foreign investment approval authority for investing in Jet Airways Ltd (JET.NS), said a source at India's trade ministry on Thursday.
Jet expects to finalise a stake-sale deal with Etihad "in a week or so", an executive at the carrier, who declined to be named, said earlier on Thursday.
Top executives at the two airlines are in the Indian capital to meet the civil aviation and trade ministers and senior officials.
(Reporting by Anurag Kotoky; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Kerry seeks Qatari, Turkish help to find Israeli soldier
- UPDATE 4-African leaders agree steps to fight runaway Ebola outbreak
- India says WTO deal not dead, can sign in Sept if concerns addressed
- UPDATE 3-Ugandan court overturns anti-gay law that halted Western aid
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling
Prime Minister Narendra Modi came to office with a reputation as a business-friendly leader ready to open up one of the world's biggest markets and sweep away the remnants of the country's socialist past. Full Article