Etihad to apply soon for Jet investment approval - source
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Abu Dhabi's Etihad Airways will soon apply to India's foreign investment approval authority for investing in Jet Airways Ltd (JET.NS), said a source at India's trade ministry on Thursday.
Jet expects to finalise a stake-sale deal with Etihad "in a week or so", an executive at the carrier, who declined to be named, said earlier on Thursday.
Top executives at the two airlines are in the Indian capital to meet the civil aviation and trade ministers and senior officials.
(Reporting by Anurag Kotoky; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 9-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- China's growth slowest since global crisis, annual target at risk
- Oil falls below $86 as oversupply, global economy worries weigh
As well as making the lives of millions of middle class Indians easier, the sharp drop in Brent crude prices since June is a boon for Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his fight to revive an economy growing at its slowest rate since the 1980s. Full Article