Etihad to apply soon for Jet investment approval - source
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Abu Dhabi's Etihad Airways will soon apply to India's foreign investment approval authority for investing in Jet Airways Ltd (JET.NS), said a source at India's trade ministry on Thursday.
Jet expects to finalise a stake-sale deal with Etihad "in a week or so", an executive at the carrier, who declined to be named, said earlier on Thursday.
Top executives at the two airlines are in the Indian capital to meet the civil aviation and trade ministers and senior officials.
(Reporting by Anurag Kotoky; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Facebook Q1 revenue grows 72 percent on rising mobile ads
- UPDATE 3-Boy and girl on Korean ferry tied life jackets together before they drowned
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry tied life jackets together before they drowned
- Kashmiris wary as Modi challenges for power
- Preview - Liverpool seek to land knockout blow on Chelsea
The opposition Bharatiya Janata Party was set to make gains in Tamil Nadu and West Bengal that began voting on Thursday in the sixth phase of a mammoth general election that could help it build a stable majority in parliament. Read | Full Coverage: Election 2014
India may cede top rice exporter spot under Southeast Asian price onslaught. Full Article