Lupin plans to launch 3-4 generic drugs in U.S. by end-March
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Lupin Ltd(LUPN.NS), India's fourth largest drugmaker by sales, expects to launch three to four new generic drugs in its key U.S. market by March end, its Group President Nilesh Gupta said on Thursday.
The Mumbai-based drugmaker has so far launched six products in this fiscal year in the United States, which generates about 42 percent of its total formulation sales.
The drugmaker earlier reported a forecast-beating 42.6 percent rise in quarterly net profit to 3.35 billion rupees.
(Reporting by Kaustubh Kulkarni; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- INSIGHT - As Islamic State fighters begin to blend in, defeating them no easy matter
- RBI rule handicaps India's infrastructure hopes
- Japan aims to double India investment in 5 years - Nikkei
- Family of seriously ill Joan Rivers 'keeping fingers crossed' -daughter
The Nifty surged past the psychologically important 8,000 level for the first time to mark its latest record high as blue-chips such as Larsen & Toubro gained after better than expected quarterly economic growth data. Read