Euro extends gains versus dollar, hits session high
NEW YORK Jan 31 (Reuters) - The euro rose to a session high versus the dollar in mid-morning trade on Thursday, but an option barrier at $1.36 could cap further gains.
Signs of improvement in the euro zone's economy and banks have lifted the euro in recent weeks.
The euro rose as high as $1.3593 on Reuters data, the highest since November 2011. It was last at $1.3586, up 0.2 percent on the day.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea - Malaysian air force
- Malaysia seeks India's help in search for missing airliner
- "Small, encouraging signs" in Michael Schumacher's condition - agent
- Coastguards from Andaman and Nicobar islands join lost Malaysian jet search
- Malaysia says last sighting of plane possibly off west coast
India's flagging economy delivered rare good news on Wednesday with a slight expansion of industrial production and further cooling in consumer prices, offering some respite to the ruling coalition before next month's general election. Article | Expert views