Euro extends gains versus dollar, hits session high
NEW YORK Jan 31 (Reuters) - The euro rose to a session high versus the dollar in mid-morning trade on Thursday, but an option barrier at $1.36 could cap further gains.
Signs of improvement in the euro zone's economy and banks have lifted the euro in recent weeks.
The euro rose as high as $1.3593 on Reuters data, the highest since November 2011. It was last at $1.3586, up 0.2 percent on the day.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Wal-Mart and allies in face-off with Apple Pay over mobile payments
- PM Modi boots officials out of the first class cabin
- Bharti Airtel Q2 net profit doubles as India market turns corner
- India's universal healthcare rollout to cost $26 billion
India's universal health plan that aims to offer guaranteed benefits to a sixth of the world's population will cost an estimated 1.6 trillion rupees ($26 billion) over the next four years, a senior health ministry official said. Full Article