Euro extends gains versus dollar, hits session high
NEW YORK Jan 31 (Reuters) - The euro rose to a session high versus the dollar in mid-morning trade on Thursday, but an option barrier at $1.36 could cap further gains.
Signs of improvement in the euro zone's economy and banks have lifted the euro in recent weeks.
The euro rose as high as $1.3593 on Reuters data, the highest since November 2011. It was last at $1.3586, up 0.2 percent on the day.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exit polls see gains for BJP in state elections
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- UPDATE 1-Sports-mad South Africa salutes Mandela "The Captain"
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs to $344 mln for next week
The World Trade Organization reached its first ever trade reform deal on Saturday to the roar of approval from nearly 160 ministers who had gathered on the Indonesian island of Bali to decide on the make-or-break agreement that could add $1 trillion to the global economy. Full Article