Beckham's PSG salary to be donated to children's charity
PARIS (Reuters) - David Beckham's salary at Paris St Germain will be donated to a children's charity in Paris, the former England captain said on Thursday.
"With (president) Nasser Al-Khelaifi, with (sports director) Leo(nardo) we decided on something that's quite unique. I won't receive any salary during my time at Paris St Germain, my salary will go to a children's charity in Paris," Beckham, who signed a five-month deal with PSG, told a news conference.
"I'm very passionate about children and charity and so are the club. I don't think something like this has been done before."
Beckham did not elaborate on the details of the donation.
(Reporting by Julien Pretot; Editing by Toby Davis)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- More quakes jolt Iceland overnight, spread to second volcano
- UPDATE 3-Time Warner Cable suffers major outage; New York launches probe
- UPDATE 2-Moscow courts back closure of three McDonald's branches
- UPDATE 3-Ebola causing huge damage to W.Africa economies- development bank
- UPDATE 4-Ukraine warns Europe of Russian gas cut-off, Moscow denies