BSE Sensex falls; ICICI Bank earnings key
Reuters Market Eye - The BSE Sensex is down 0.23 percent and the 50-share Nifty is down 0.15 percent. Trading is expected to remain volatile as Thursday is last day of derivatives expiry when traders roll over derivatives position to February series.
ICICI Bank Ltd(ICBK.NS) shares down 0.75 percent ahead of December quarter earnings. Barclays has upgraded it to 'overweight' from 'equalweight' on positive credit quality outlook.
Colgate Palmolive India Ltd(COLG.NS) shares fall 2 percent after reporting lower-than-expected volume growth at 8 percent, the lowest in the past 15 quarters.
However, Power Finance Corp Ltd (PWFC.NS) shares gain 2.6 percent after reporting a sharp improvement in margins in the October-December quarter earnings.
Indexes are heading for a third straight month of gains, the longest winning run since September 2010 when indexes gained 4 months in a row.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Short Gaza truce takes hold; many bodies pulled from rubble
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |
- Verizon to slow down speeds for some unlimited data subscribers
- India threatens to derail WTO deal, prompts angry U.S. rebuke
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
Palestinians in the Gaza Strip poured into the streets on Saturday to recover their dead and stock up on food supplies after a 12-hour humanitarian truce agreed by Israel and Hamas took hold. Full Article
Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors Full Article