BSE Sensex falls; ICICI Bank earnings key
Reuters Market Eye - The BSE Sensex is down 0.23 percent and the 50-share Nifty is down 0.15 percent. Trading is expected to remain volatile as Thursday is last day of derivatives expiry when traders roll over derivatives position to February series.
ICICI Bank Ltd(ICBK.NS) shares down 0.75 percent ahead of December quarter earnings. Barclays has upgraded it to 'overweight' from 'equalweight' on positive credit quality outlook.
Colgate Palmolive India Ltd(COLG.NS) shares fall 2 percent after reporting lower-than-expected volume growth at 8 percent, the lowest in the past 15 quarters.
However, Power Finance Corp Ltd (PWFC.NS) shares gain 2.6 percent after reporting a sharp improvement in margins in the October-December quarter earnings.
Indexes are heading for a third straight month of gains, the longest winning run since September 2010 when indexes gained 4 months in a row.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on militants in Syria
- Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- New U.S. tax rules chill 'inversion' deal-making; shares dive |
- Chinese and Indian troops in Himalayan standoff
Retaining talent, reviving company
Infosys Ltd's new CEO has come up with a novel approach to reviving the financial fortunes of India's trailblazing outsourcing firm: use Facebook at work, tweet, but get the job done. Full Article