Magnitude 6 quake recorded off Alaska - USGS
LONDON (Reuters) - An earthquake of magnitude 6.0 struck off the coast of Alaska on Thursday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
It gave the epicentre of the quake, which was 6.2 miles deep, as 47 miles south of Port Alexander.
(Reporting by Jon Boyle; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 8-Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts
- UPDATE 3-Comcast profit boosted by internet subscriber growth, NBC
- Italy gives Google 18 months to change data use practices
- China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
- Harley-Davidson, a U.S. icon, highlights offshoring's perils
The European Union threatened Russia on Tuesday with harsher sanctions over Ukraine that could inflict wider damage on its economy following the downing of a Malaysian airliner, but it delayed action for a few days. Full Article