Magnitude 6 quake recorded off Alaska - USGS
LONDON (Reuters) - An earthquake of magnitude 6.0 struck off the coast of Alaska on Thursday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
It gave the epicentre of the quake, which was 6.2 miles deep, as 47 miles south of Port Alexander.
(Reporting by Jon Boyle; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India to allow Nokia to transfer Chennai factory to Microsoft
- UPDATE 1-American Airlines orders 60 Embraer jets worth $2.5 bln
- Russia makes new attempt to woo Ukraine, EU waits in wings
- IIP slumps 1.8 pct, shrinks for first time in four months
- SPECIAL REPORT - In the land of the holy cow, fury over beef exports
UNREST IN THAILAND
Anti-government protesters in Thailand pinned their hopes on winning support from the powerful security forces on Thursday as they push to oust Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and install an unelected administration. Full Article
Amount of dirty money leaving developing world jumped 14 pct in 2011 - report. Full Article
U.S., Britain suspend aid to north Syria after Islamists seize weapons store. Full Article