London An earthquake of magnitude 6.7 struck off the coast of the Solomon islands in the Pacific Ocean, the U.S. Geological Survey said on Friday.
The depth of the quake was 10 km (6.2 miles) and the epicentre was 68 km southwest of Lata. The quake hit at 9:16 a.m. local time on Saturday.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center did not immediately issue any alerts on its website.
(Editing by Sophie Hares)
Trending On Reuters
Police hunting for the perpetrators of Thailand's deadliest bombing arrested a foreign man on Saturday they said fitted the description of a suspect seen leaving a rucksack at the site of the Bangkok blast nearly two weeks ago. Full Article
- Egypt court sentences 3 journalists to 3 yrs in prison
- Malaysia's Mahathir joins protesters calling for PM to go
- Chad executes 10 Boko Haram members by firing squad - sources
- Iran's Rouhani says military power not affected by nuclear deal - state TV
- Three refugee children found critically ill in Austria