London An earthquake of magnitude 6.7 struck off the coast of the Solomon islands in the Pacific Ocean, the U.S. Geological Survey said on Friday.
The depth of the quake was 10 km (6.2 miles) and the epicentre was 68 km southwest of Lata. The quake hit at 9:16 a.m. local time on Saturday.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center did not immediately issue any alerts on its website.
(Editing by Sophie Hares)
Trending On Reuters
A death toll of 27 from flooding across Myanmar was expected to rise as rescue workers struggled on Monday to reach some of the hardest-hit and most remote inundated areas, officials said. Full Article | Video
- U.S. to defend Syrian rebels with airpower, including from Assad
- U.N. states agree post-2015 sustainable development agenda
- Barnacles on debris could provide clues to missing MH370 - experts
- Rouhani says nuclear deal a "third way" for Iranian foreign policy
- Taiwan school textbook row highlights antipathy to 'one China'