Hyundai Motor's India unit raises vehicle prices
REUTERS - Hyundai Motor Co's(005380.KS) India unit, the country's second biggest carmaker, said it raised vehicle prices by up to 20,878 rupees due to an increase in input costs and currency fluctuations.
Many companies in India, including No.1 carmaker Maruti Suzuki Ltd (MRTI.NS) and the local unit of General Motors Co(GM.N), have hiked prices in recent months despite a slowdown in car sales, as rising costs threaten margins.
Hyundai India had also raised vehicle prices in November.
(Reporting by Aradhana Aravindan; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Russia transfer of rocket system to Ukraine rebels imminent- Pentagon
- UPDATE 3-Nigeria government confirms Ebola case in megacity of Lagos
- UPDATE 1-Market Basket mulls ex-CEO's buyout offer as employees rally
- Dell, BlackBerry downplay threat from Apple-IBM alliance
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
Israel and Palestinian militant groups in the Gaza Strip have agreed to a U.N.-requested 12-hour humanitarian truce to begin on Saturday morning, and efforts to secure a long-term cease-fire moved ahead. Full Article
Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors Full Article