Hyundai Motor's India unit raises vehicle prices
REUTERS - Hyundai Motor Co's(005380.KS) India unit, the country's second biggest carmaker, said it raised vehicle prices by up to 20,878 rupees due to an increase in input costs and currency fluctuations.
Many companies in India, including No.1 carmaker Maruti Suzuki Ltd (MRTI.NS) and the local unit of General Motors Co(GM.N), have hiked prices in recent months despite a slowdown in car sales, as rising costs threaten margins.
Hyundai India had also raised vehicle prices in November.
(Reporting by Aradhana Aravindan; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. Army base in Texas on lockdown after suspicious vehicle found
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
- Asia stocks jump as China, Europe step up stimulus
- Iran, powers eye extension of nuclear talks with deadline hours away
- Suicide bomber kills 45 at volleyball match in Afghanistan
The BSE Sensex and Nifty surged to record highs on Monday, tracking Asian peers which jumped on the prospect of further policy stimulus in China and Europe. Full Article