Hyundai Motor's India unit raises vehicle prices
REUTERS - Hyundai Motor Co's(005380.KS) India unit, the country's second biggest carmaker, said it raised vehicle prices by up to 20,878 rupees due to an increase in input costs and currency fluctuations.
Many companies in India, including No.1 carmaker Maruti Suzuki Ltd (MRTI.NS) and the local unit of General Motors Co(GM.N), have hiked prices in recent months despite a slowdown in car sales, as rising costs threaten margins.
Hyundai India had also raised vehicle prices in November.
(Reporting by Aradhana Aravindan; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Russia can run on empty for a year if sanctions block new bonds
- Apple says celebrity photo breach targeted, not due to its systems
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- UPDATE 2-Apple says celebrity photo breach targeted, not due to its systems
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article