Dollar extends gains versus yen, hits session peak
NEW YORK Feb 1 (Reuters) - The dollar rose further against the yen to hit a session peak in mid-morning trade on Friday.
The dollar hit as high as 92.39 yen on Reuters data, still a 2-1/2-year high. It was last at 92.34 yen, up 0.7 percent on the day.
Gains accelerated after U.S. data showed the pace of growth in the manufacturing sector picked up in January to its highest level in nine months, while consumer sentiment unexpectedly improved in January.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man sues, claiming penis amputated instead of circumcised
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- REFILE-Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet
- Iraq elects president as Ban urges unity to save nation
- Bodies rained down on Ukraine village after plane disaster