The Congress party is debating holding a general election in November, six months ahead of schedule, senior party leaders said, reflecting an internal discussion over whether to pull the plug on the shaky ruling coalition or have it serve a full term. Full Article
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida
- Weakened Congress wondering if early elections will help
- S.Africa minister accuses Indian High Commission official in Gupta scandal
- Indian cinema on a mission at Cannes to dispel Bollywood image
- Pakistan: senior PTI leader Zara Shahid Hussain killed
Confused while buying stocks? Get buy, sell or hold recommendations from VantageTrade. Full Coverage
Dollar extends gains versus yen, hits session peak
NEW YORK |
NEW YORK Feb 1 (Reuters) - The dollar rose further against the yen to hit a session peak in mid-morning trade on Friday.
The dollar hit as high as 92.39 yen on Reuters data, still a 2-1/2-year high. It was last at 92.34 yen, up 0.7 percent on the day.
Gains accelerated after U.S. data showed the pace of growth in the manufacturing sector picked up in January to its highest level in nine months, while consumer sentiment unexpectedly improved in January.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this