MUMBAI Feb 1 (Reuters) - Indian shares fell for the second day on Friday led by declines in Bharti Airtel after its December quarter results missed estimates by a wide margin, while ICICI Bank fell on profit booking, after rising 4.65 percent in January.
Bharti Airtel provisionally ended down 3.2 percent, while ICICI Bank ended 1.8 percent lower.
The BSE index provisionally closed down 0.53 percent, while the 50-share NSE index ended down 0.5 percent. (Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
Trending On Reuters
Thousands of Nepalese huddled under tents and sought scarce food and medical supplies on Monday, two days after a massive quake killed more than 3,200 people and overwhelmed authorities. Full Article | Slideshow
- Quake warnings of minutes, not hours, are possible, but pricey
- UNICEF says nearly a million children "severely affected" in Nepal
- Factbox - Foreigners in Nepal at time of deadly earthquake
- "Demons on the mountain"; survivors recall avalanche terror
- In Kathmandu Valley, quake-hit Nepalis fend for themselves