Indian shares fall for second day; Bharti Airtel, ICICI Bank hit
MUMBAI Feb 1 (Reuters) - Indian shares fell for the second day on Friday led by declines in Bharti Airtel after its December quarter results missed estimates by a wide margin, while ICICI Bank fell on profit booking, after rising 4.65 percent in January.
Bharti Airtel provisionally ended down 3.2 percent, while ICICI Bank ended 1.8 percent lower.
The BSE index provisionally closed down 0.53 percent, while the 50-share NSE index ended down 0.5 percent. (Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- TCS, Mitsubishi to form software services company
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane turns back after tyre burst on takeoff
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Supreme Court allows iron ore mining in Goa with upper limit of 20 million tonnes
Iron Ore Mining
Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane turns back after tyre burst on takeoff Full Article