India's Tata Motors, Ultratech shares slump briefly after block sales
MUMBAI Feb 1 (Reuters) - Tata Motors Ltd and Ultratech Cement Ltd shares briefly dropped as much as 10 percent each, before sharply cutting losses, after a series of shares were sold at lower prices, traders said.
Tata Motors shares were down 2.3 percent as of 0953 GMT after six separate block deals comprising a total 2.07 million shares took place at an average price of 274.92 rupees. The sales sent Tata's shares as low as 268.25 rupees.
Ultratech shares were down 1.7 percent after one block deal comprising 41,863 shares was made at an average price of 1,853.80 rupees. Shares fell as much as 1,712.35 rupees.
(Reporting by Mumbai markets team; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-S.Korean prosecutors raid family home of ill-fated ferry's owner
- UPDATE 4-Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry
- Gold hovers near 2-1/2 month lows
- UPDATE 5-Missouri executes convicted killer in 1993 cattle-stealing plot
- China shares down, Aussie drops after inflation data
India and its South Asian neighbours are expected to see below average to average rains this year if the El Nino weather pattern gains strength during the four-month monsoon season, a forum of weather experts said. Read