India's Tata Motors, Ultratech shares slump briefly after block sales
MUMBAI Feb 1 (Reuters) - Tata Motors Ltd and Ultratech Cement Ltd shares briefly dropped as much as 10 percent each, before sharply cutting losses, after a series of shares were sold at lower prices, traders said.
Tata Motors shares were down 2.3 percent as of 0953 GMT after six separate block deals comprising a total 2.07 million shares took place at an average price of 274.92 rupees. The sales sent Tata's shares as low as 268.25 rupees.
Ultratech shares were down 1.7 percent after one block deal comprising 41,863 shares was made at an average price of 1,853.80 rupees. Shares fell as much as 1,712.35 rupees.
(Reporting by Mumbai markets team; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- INSIGHT - As Islamic State fighters begin to blend in, defeating them no easy matter
- RBI rule handicaps India's infrastructure hopes
- Japan aims to double India investment in 5 years - Nikkei
- Family of seriously ill Joan Rivers 'keeping fingers crossed' -daughter
The Nifty surged past the psychologically important 8,000 level for the first time to mark its latest record high as blue-chips such as Larsen & Toubro gained after better than expected quarterly economic growth data. Read