India's Tata Motors, Ultratech shares slump briefly after block sales
MUMBAI Feb 1 (Reuters) - Tata Motors Ltd and Ultratech Cement Ltd shares briefly dropped as much as 10 percent each, before sharply cutting losses, after a series of shares were sold at lower prices, traders said.
Tata Motors shares were down 2.3 percent as of 0953 GMT after six separate block deals comprising a total 2.07 million shares took place at an average price of 274.92 rupees. The sales sent Tata's shares as low as 268.25 rupees.
Ultratech shares were down 1.7 percent after one block deal comprising 41,863 shares was made at an average price of 1,853.80 rupees. Shares fell as much as 1,712.35 rupees.
(Reporting by Mumbai markets team; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Millions of Target shoppers face new debit card limits
- Timeline: Case of Devyani Khobragade, Indian diplomat arrested in New York
- U.S., Britain and Libya promise to pursue Lockerbie case
- UPDATE 2-Colorado student, 17, wounded in school shooting, dies
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
India said on Saturday that it had transferred Devyani Khobragade, the diplomat at the centre of a row with the U.S., to its U.N. delegation, a move that it hopes will give her protection from prosecution for visa fraud and underpaying a maid. Article | Slideshow