India's Tata Motors, Ultratech shares slump briefly after block sales
MUMBAI Feb 1 (Reuters) - Tata Motors Ltd and Ultratech Cement Ltd shares briefly dropped as much as 10 percent each, before sharply cutting losses, after a series of shares were sold at lower prices, traders said.
Tata Motors shares were down 2.3 percent as of 0953 GMT after six separate block deals comprising a total 2.07 million shares took place at an average price of 274.92 rupees. The sales sent Tata's shares as low as 268.25 rupees.
Ultratech shares were down 1.7 percent after one block deal comprising 41,863 shares was made at an average price of 1,853.80 rupees. Shares fell as much as 1,712.35 rupees.
(Reporting by Mumbai markets team; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China should set lower 2015 GDP growth target of 6.5-7 pct - IMF
- One dead, one wounded in shooting in Chicago financial district
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction
- U.S. says hopeful of WTO deal with India only hours before deadline
- UPDATE 3-Argentine assets drop after default, "credit event" in balance
The United States said on Thursday it was hopeful that differences between India and much of the rest of the world over a major trade agreement could be resolved in time, with only hours remaining before the deal has to be signed. Full Article
ONGC, Oil India bid $1.5 bln for stake in Murphy Oil's Malaysia assets - sources Full Article