Carlsberg signs JV deal to enter Myanmar
COPENHAGEN (Reuters) - Danish brewer Carlsberg (CARLb.CO) has signed a deal with a privately owned local beverage company, Myanmar Golden Star (MGS) Breweries, to brew and market Carlsberg beers in the country.
Carlsberg said in a statement on Friday that the companies plan to set up a new greenfield brewery and distribute Carlsberg beers in the local market.
The joint venture is 51 percent owned by Carlsberg, the brewer said.
(Reporting by Copenhagen Newsroom; Editing by Ken Wills)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
- Russian military likely reluctant participants in Ukraine-US general
- UPDATE 4-Liberian man in Lagos being tested for Ebola
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- UPDATE 2-U.S. says Russia firing artillery over border at Ukraine military