Carlsberg signs JV deal to enter Myanmar
COPENHAGEN (Reuters) - Danish brewer Carlsberg (CARLb.CO) has signed a deal with a privately owned local beverage company, Myanmar Golden Star (MGS) Breweries, to brew and market Carlsberg beers in the country.
Carlsberg said in a statement on Friday that the companies plan to set up a new greenfield brewery and distribute Carlsberg beers in the local market.
The joint venture is 51 percent owned by Carlsberg, the brewer said.
(Reporting by Copenhagen Newsroom; Editing by Ken Wills)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- Apple CEO says to add 25 stores in China within two years - Sina
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria - monitor
- Sensex gains in special trading session on Diwali
- Nissan recalling 260,000 vehicles globally with Takata air bags