Carlsberg signs JV deal to enter Myanmar
COPENHAGEN (Reuters) - Danish brewer Carlsberg (CARLb.CO) has signed a deal with a privately owned local beverage company, Myanmar Golden Star (MGS) Breweries, to brew and market Carlsberg beers in the country.
Carlsberg said in a statement on Friday that the companies plan to set up a new greenfield brewery and distribute Carlsberg beers in the local market.
The joint venture is 51 percent owned by Carlsberg, the brewer said.
(Reporting by Copenhagen Newsroom; Editing by Ken Wills)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge
- Modi calls for early settlement of China border issue
- UPDATE 2-Border standoff dominates China Xi's visit to India
- Nifty, Sensex surge nearly 2 percent, gain most in over three months