Carlsberg signs JV deal to enter Myanmar
COPENHAGEN (Reuters) - Danish brewer Carlsberg (CARLb.CO) has signed a deal with a privately owned local beverage company, Myanmar Golden Star (MGS) Breweries, to brew and market Carlsberg beers in the country.
Carlsberg said in a statement on Friday that the companies plan to set up a new greenfield brewery and distribute Carlsberg beers in the local market.
The joint venture is 51 percent owned by Carlsberg, the brewer said.
(Reporting by Copenhagen Newsroom; Editing by Ken Wills)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- EXCLUSIVE - Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- UPDATE 3-Dynegy cuts exposure to wholesale power with deals worth $6.25 bln
- Arvind Subramanian likely to be chief econ adviser
- Researchers reverse autism symptoms in mice by paring extra synapses