Carlsberg signs JV deal to enter Myanmar
COPENHAGEN (Reuters) - Danish brewer Carlsberg (CARLb.CO) has signed a deal with a privately owned local beverage company, Myanmar Golden Star (MGS) Breweries, to brew and market Carlsberg beers in the country.
Carlsberg said in a statement on Friday that the companies plan to set up a new greenfield brewery and distribute Carlsberg beers in the local market.
The joint venture is 51 percent owned by Carlsberg, the brewer said.
(Reporting by Copenhagen Newsroom; Editing by Ken Wills)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Best Buy CEO says tablet sales are "crashing" - Re/code
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip
- UPDATE 2-Hyundai recalls 883,000 Sonata sedans in U.S. for transmission issue
- Kerry presses India on global trade deal as deadline looms
- A minute with: Chris Pratt on going from slob to film heartthrob