Oracle to buy network gear maker Acme Packet for $1.9 billion
REUTERS - Oracle Corp ORCL.O said it agreed to buy network gear maker Acme Packet Inc APKT.O for about $1.9 billion.
The $29.25 per share offer is at a 22 percent premium to Acme Packet's Friday close on the Nasdaq.
(Reporting by Sayantani Ghosh in Bangalore; Editing by Sreejiraj Eluvangal)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- PM Modi boots officials out of the first class cabin
- Govt considers ban on e-cigarettes, sale of single smokes
Samsung Electronics unveiled two new mid-tier handsets with a premium design as it prepared to deliver a riposte to its low-priced Chinese rivals and reclaim its title as the top brand in the world's biggest smartphone market. Full Article