Oracle to buy network gear maker Acme Packet for $1.9 billion
REUTERS - Oracle Corp ORCL.O said it agreed to buy network gear maker Acme Packet Inc APKT.O for about $1.9 billion.
The $29.25 per share offer is at a 22 percent premium to Acme Packet's Friday close on the Nasdaq.
(Reporting by Sayantani Ghosh in Bangalore; Editing by Sreejiraj Eluvangal)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 9-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- China's growth slowest since global crisis, annual target at risk
- Pistorius jailed for 5 years for killing girlfriend Steenkamp
Apple Inc forecast a strong holiday quarter after a better-than-expected 16 percent jump in iPhone sales, and the strongest growth in Mac computer shipments in years helped the company surpass Wall Street's targets. Full Article | Related Story