Oracle to buy network gear maker Acme Packet for $1.9 billion
REUTERS - Oracle Corp ORCL.O said it agreed to buy network gear maker Acme Packet Inc APKT.O for about $1.9 billion.
The $29.25 per share offer is at a 22 percent premium to Acme Packet's Friday close on the Nasdaq.
(Reporting by Sayantani Ghosh in Bangalore; Editing by Sreejiraj Eluvangal)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Xi sees factory China and back office India as global engine
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
- Pakistani Islamists use floods to turn opinion against India
- Delayed retreat of monsoon rains to start this weekend
Sony Corp Chief Executive Kazuo Hirai said on Wednesday his company would cut 15 percent of the staff in its mobile unit in the current fiscal year ending in March 2015. Read