PFC, REC surge on reform hopes
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in power sector lenders such as Power Finance Corp Ltd(PWFC.NS) and Rural Electrification Corp Ltd (RURL.NS) gain on speculation the government is preparing to offer new incentives to revive stalled power projects.
"Power Finance Corp will be the biggest beneficiary of reforms in the sector," said Kishor Ostwal, CMD, CNI research.
Expectations of good earnings by peer Rural Electrification Corporation (REC)(RURL.NS) later in the day, is also seen helping the stock.
PFC shares up 5.5 percent while REC rise 4.5 percent.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India withdraws regulator's power to cap non-essential drug prices
- India's Mars mission a step closer to success with engine test
- Apple sells more than 10 million new iPhones in first three days |
- U.S. Treasury moves against tax-avoidance 'inversion' deals
- PM Modi to get rock star reception in New York
India has withdrawn the drug pricing authority's powers that allowed it to fix the prices of medicines not deemed essential, after its decision to impose price caps on more than 100 drugs in July triggered industry protests. Article
India has no plans to increase food handouts - Food Minister Ram Vilas Paswan. Full Article