PFC, REC surge on reform hopes
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in power sector lenders such as Power Finance Corp Ltd(PWFC.NS) and Rural Electrification Corp Ltd (RURL.NS) gain on speculation the government is preparing to offer new incentives to revive stalled power projects.
"Power Finance Corp will be the biggest beneficiary of reforms in the sector," said Kishor Ostwal, CMD, CNI research.
Expectations of good earnings by peer Rural Electrification Corporation (REC)(RURL.NS) later in the day, is also seen helping the stock.
PFC shares up 5.5 percent while REC rise 4.5 percent.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Japan, India vow to boost strategic ties during summit
- Federer marches on as wild weather, upsets hit U.S. Open
- Government urges court to leave some coal blocks with companies
- Dozens arrested at Made in America music festival in Los Angeles
The Nifty surged past the psychologically important 8,000 level for the first time to mark its latest record high as blue-chips such as Larsen & Toubro gained after better than expected quarterly economic growth data. Read
Government urges Supreme Court to not cancel some 'illegal' coal mines Full Article