PFC, REC surge on reform hopes
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in power sector lenders such as Power Finance Corp Ltd(PWFC.NS) and Rural Electrification Corp Ltd (RURL.NS) gain on speculation the government is preparing to offer new incentives to revive stalled power projects.
"Power Finance Corp will be the biggest beneficiary of reforms in the sector," said Kishor Ostwal, CMD, CNI research.
Expectations of good earnings by peer Rural Electrification Corporation (REC)(RURL.NS) later in the day, is also seen helping the stock.
PFC shares up 5.5 percent while REC rise 4.5 percent.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 8-Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Appointment of Arvind Subramanian as chief economic adviser hits Modi hurdle
- Putin says Russia wants to move to national currencies in trade
- China tells foreign countries not to meddle in Hong Kong
BACK IN JAIL
Subrata Roy, the jailed chief of India's Sahara conglomerate, is back in a cell after living in a makeshift prison office for two months as he tried to negotiate the sale of his luxury hotels, a jail official said. Full Article
Appointment of Arvind Subramanian as chief economic adviser hits Modi hurdle. Full Article
Diageo bars United Breweries from appointing independent director at United Spirits. Full Article