PFC, REC surge on reform hopes
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in power sector lenders such as Power Finance Corp Ltd(PWFC.NS) and Rural Electrification Corp Ltd (RURL.NS) gain on speculation the government is preparing to offer new incentives to revive stalled power projects.
"Power Finance Corp will be the biggest beneficiary of reforms in the sector," said Kishor Ostwal, CMD, CNI research.
Expectations of good earnings by peer Rural Electrification Corporation (REC)(RURL.NS) later in the day, is also seen helping the stock.
PFC shares up 5.5 percent while REC rise 4.5 percent.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine says pro-Russia rebels shoot down two fighter jets
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- U.N.'s Pillay says Israel may be committing war crimes
- Jet Airways chairman says looking to restructure debts, talking to bankers
- China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
India will not support a trade facilitation protocol ahead of a July 31 deadline unless its concerns about subsidies are met, two senior government officials said on Wednesday, sticking to a hard line critics say could derail a landmark global trade deal. Full Article
Bullish on Indian equities, but gains seen 'less sharp'- Goldman Sachs Full Article
Jet Airways chairman says looking to restructure debts, talking to bankers Full Article
Honda's India unit to account for 25 pct of Asia Pacific sales by March 2017 - exec Full Article
Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food Full Article