Bharti Airtel to buy Alcatel-Lucent stake in India JV
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Bharti Airtel(BRTI.NS) said it would buy the entire equity stake of Alcatel-Lucent SA(ALUA.PA) in a joint venture company that manages the fixed-line and broadband networks for India's top telecommunications carrier.
The companies did not give any financial detail in a joint statement.
Bharti Airtel said the entity would operate independently and going forward it would invite other telecommunications operators for equity participation and bring the management of their broadband and fixed-line networks under the entity.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Short Gaza truce takes hold; many bodies pulled from rubble
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |
- Verizon to slow down speeds for some unlimited data subscribers
- India threatens to derail WTO deal, prompts angry U.S. rebuke
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
Palestinians in the Gaza Strip poured into the streets on Saturday to recover their dead and stock up on food supplies after a 12-hour humanitarian truce agreed by Israel and Hamas took hold. Full Article
Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors Full Article