Bharti Airtel to buy Alcatel-Lucent stake in India JV
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Bharti Airtel(BRTI.NS) said it would buy the entire equity stake of Alcatel-Lucent SA(ALUA.PA) in a joint venture company that manages the fixed-line and broadband networks for India's top telecommunications carrier.
The companies did not give any financial detail in a joint statement.
Bharti Airtel said the entity would operate independently and going forward it would invite other telecommunications operators for equity participation and bring the management of their broadband and fixed-line networks under the entity.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Afghanistan gives NYT reporter 24 hours to leave country
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Hewlett-Packard posts surprise revenue gain after PC sales jump
- Murder, revenge, lust and rampage take over 'Sin City' sequel |
- Billy Crystal to commemorate late actor Robin Williams at Emmys
Some of India's biggest companies are pouring billions of dollars into manufacturing guns, ships and tanks for the country's military, buoyed by the new government's commitment to upgrade its armed forces using domestic factories. Full Article