Bharti Airtel to buy Alcatel-Lucent stake in India JV
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Bharti Airtel(BRTI.NS) said it would buy the entire equity stake of Alcatel-Lucent SA(ALUA.PA) in a joint venture company that manages the fixed-line and broadband networks for India's top telecommunications carrier.
The companies did not give any financial detail in a joint statement.
Bharti Airtel said the entity would operate independently and going forward it would invite other telecommunications operators for equity participation and bring the management of their broadband and fixed-line networks under the entity.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Government urges court to leave some coal blocks with companies
- Japan and India vow to boost defence ties during summit
- Federer marches on as wild weather, upsets hit U.S. Open
- Pakistani protesters clash with police, soldiers secure state TV
The Nifty surged past the psychologically important 8,000 level for the first time on Monday as blue-chips such as ICICI Bank gained after better-than-expected quarterly economic growth data. Full Article
Government urges Supreme Court to not cancel some 'illegal' coal mines Full Article