Bharti Airtel to buy Alcatel-Lucent stake in India JV
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Bharti Airtel(BRTI.NS) said it would buy the entire equity stake of Alcatel-Lucent SA(ALUA.PA) in a joint venture company that manages the fixed-line and broadband networks for India's top telecommunications carrier.
The companies did not give any financial detail in a joint statement.
Bharti Airtel said the entity would operate independently and going forward it would invite other telecommunications operators for equity participation and bring the management of their broadband and fixed-line networks under the entity.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Indian economy warms in after-glow of Modi's triumph
- Catalina Island in California suffers damage from Hurricane Marie
- Tennis - Dream run over for Bellis as big guns advance
- Takeda, Lilly lose bid to overturn $9 billion award for hiding cancer risk
Half of India's thermal power stations have less than a week's supply of coal on hand, according to weekly data, the lowest level since mid-2012 when millions of people were left without power in one of the world's worst blackouts. Full Article
In race for bigger margins, drug makers willing to lose the India "advantage". Full Article