Bharti Airtel to buy Alcatel-Lucent stake in India JV
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Bharti Airtel(BRTI.NS) said it would buy the entire equity stake of Alcatel-Lucent SA(ALUA.PA) in a joint venture company that manages the fixed-line and broadband networks for India's top telecommunications carrier.
The companies did not give any financial detail in a joint statement.
Bharti Airtel said the entity would operate independently and going forward it would invite other telecommunications operators for equity participation and bring the management of their broadband and fixed-line networks under the entity.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Air strikes hit Kobani as Kurdish peshmerga prepare to enter
- Europe won't recognise vote in eastern Ukraine, Merkel tells Putin
- India's fiscal deficit in H1 almost 83 pct of full-year target
Shares Hit Record
The BSE Sensex and Nifty surged to record highs for a second consecutive session on Friday after Bank of Japan's surprise expansion of its massive stimulus programme raised hopes for additional foreign inflows, boosting blue-chips such as Larsen & Toubro. Full Article
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article