Bharti Airtel to buy Alcatel-Lucent stake in India JV
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Bharti Airtel(BRTI.NS) said it would buy the entire equity stake of Alcatel-Lucent SA(ALUA.PA) in a joint venture company that manages the fixed-line and broadband networks for India's top telecommunications carrier.
The companies did not give any financial detail in a joint statement.
Bharti Airtel said the entity would operate independently and going forward it would invite other telecommunications operators for equity participation and bring the management of their broadband and fixed-line networks under the entity.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-U.S. regulator questions Verizon plan to slow data speeds for some
- U.S. resupplies Israel with munitions as Gaza offensive rages
- Landslide near Pune kills 10, scores feared trapped
- Argentina credit story grows murkier as talks collapse
- Drew Barrymore's half-sister found dead in car near San Diego
Kerry in India
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, who arrived in India on Wednesday for an official visit, has pressed New Delhi to drop its opposition to global trade reforms, saying it was a test of the country's commitment to advance economic liberalisation. Full Article | Slideshow