Rupee keeps losses as stocks fall
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee keeping losses as local stocks remain in red, oil buying supports, say dealers. Pair at 53.34/35 vs 53.285/295 last close. It has traded in a 53.2050-53.42 band.
Pair earlier fell to a low of 53.2050, which dealers say was largely due to selling by a private petrochem company.
Dealers cite good two-way interest with some flow-related selling and subsequent oil buying.
Some selling may come in if pair rises to 53.45-53.48 levels, adds dealer.
(Reporting by Subhadip Sircar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Afghanistan gives NYT reporter 24 hours to leave country
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Hewlett-Packard posts surprise revenue gain after PC sales jump
- Murder, revenge, lust and rampage take over 'Sin City' sequel |
- Billy Crystal to commemorate late actor Robin Williams at Emmys
Some of India's biggest companies are pouring billions of dollars into manufacturing guns, ships and tanks for the country's military, buoyed by the new government's commitment to upgrade its armed forces using domestic factories. Full Article