Rupee keeps losses as stocks fall
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee keeping losses as local stocks remain in red, oil buying supports, say dealers. Pair at 53.34/35 vs 53.285/295 last close. It has traded in a 53.2050-53.42 band.
Pair earlier fell to a low of 53.2050, which dealers say was largely due to selling by a private petrochem company.
Dealers cite good two-way interest with some flow-related selling and subsequent oil buying.
Some selling may come in if pair rises to 53.45-53.48 levels, adds dealer.
(Reporting by Subhadip Sircar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan
- UPDATE 6-U.S. judge says cannot seize Kurdish crude for now
- UPDATE 2-EU agrees economic sanctions on Russia
- UPDATE 4-Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia
- Family of Texas doctor with Ebola not showing signs of virus
Top Indian mobile carrier Bharti Airtel posted a 61 percent rise in quarterly profit on Tuesday but fell short of analyst estimates as its African business continued to weigh. Full Article
Finmeccanica settles with Italy prosecutors to end Indian chopper deal probe. Full Article