Rupee keeps losses as stocks fall
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee keeping losses as local stocks remain in red, oil buying supports, say dealers. Pair at 53.34/35 vs 53.285/295 last close. It has traded in a 53.2050-53.42 band.
Pair earlier fell to a low of 53.2050, which dealers say was largely due to selling by a private petrochem company.
Dealers cite good two-way interest with some flow-related selling and subsequent oil buying.
Some selling may come in if pair rises to 53.45-53.48 levels, adds dealer.
(Reporting by Subhadip Sircar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Xiaomi moves into third place in global smartphone war
- UPDATE 5-Bike-riding U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine, on collision course with governor
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
India's universal health plan that aims to offer guaranteed benefits to a sixth of the world's population will cost an estimated 1.6 trillion rupees ($26 billion) over the next four years, a senior health ministry official said. Full Article